Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Southern Heart {a review}


It's no secret that Natasha Madison is one of my favorite authors. From the characters to the setting to the storylines, she just hooks me each and every time.

So when I had the opportunity to read an early copy of Southern Heart, I was all in. I was obsessed with the first four books in the Southern series, and cheered when she announced there would be an additional four books.

Now the question is, did Southern Heart top my love of Southern Sunrise? I mean, I gave Sunrise 5 stars, so it's not like I can go any higher than that. 

Fellow romance readers, I FREAKING LOVED Southern Heart. I want more of Chelsea and Mayson. Also, there is a scene with Savannah that darn near had me in tears. When she said what she said, my heart was feeling it. AHHH!

If you've read any of the Southern series books, then you already know that there is a bit of a suspenseful element to the stories. That suspense in Southern Heart was WOW. I kept wondering when the big showdown was going to happen, and when it did, my heart broke. OH NATASHA MADISON! She tortures me. (in all the best ways of course.)

Chances are you're thinking, but Laura what's the story about? Well I can tell you this much. Chelsea has just returned to town after finishing nursing school, and has accepted a job at the local clinic. She doesn't start for a month though, and so tonight she is babysitting at her brother's (Ethan) house. Chelsea has put the kids to bed, and there is a storm happening outside. The power is threatening to go out, and suddenly there is a thump at the door. Chelsea is hesitant, but she opens it up and a man stumbles in. He's been brutally beaten, and he is bleeding. He collapses on the floor and says Ethan's name. Turns out the man is Mayson, a military friend of Ethan's, and he is in need of major help.

From there the story continues, and I will say NOTHING more, because loose lips sink ships.

Earlier I questioned whether Chelsea's story could top Ethan's, and while I want to say yes, for me it didn't. Oh it came close! But there is just something about Ethan and Emily that tugs a bit more on my heartstrings. 

I will say, I did give Southern Heart 5 stars as well. 

Oh, and um that last little bit before the epilogue. Say what now! Oooh, is it June 1 yet? Because inquiring minds need to know what the heck is going on!

My fellow reading friends, go grab Southern Heart. Just trust me, it's wonderful. Yes, you can jump right in at Southern Heart, but I highly suggest starting from the beginning with Southern Chance

Let me know i you read the Southern series!

Happy Reading,

PS: I think my birthday gift to myself will be physical copies of the first five books in the Southern series.🤣


Oh and because I know it will be appreciated, below is the teaser for Southern Heart!


Release Date: April 6

Some secrets have a way of coming back and haunting us, no matter how much we try to bury them.

Chelsea
Coming back home was supposed to be normal.
Not that my life had ever been normal, but it was getting there.


Then I opened the door and found a man—broken, bloodied, and fighting for his life.
I don’t know why, but I said I would take care of him. I had to. Needed to.


He was a mystery, showing up from out of nowhere. But he might have already stolen my heart.

Mayson Carey
The only thing I have ever wanted in my entire life was to forget who I was. Joining the military helped me do this.


Keep your head down and glide through life was my new motto. No strings, no relationships. Nothing.


Everything was working until a knock at the door had me face-to-face with the reason I was running.


So I ran—I fell into her arms, and she fell into my heart, but I know better than to think it’ll last.


Some secrets have a way of coming back and haunting us, no matter how much we try to bury them.

Grab Your Copy Here:
Amazon | Nook | Apple | Kobo






Meet Natasha Madison 


When her nose isn't buried in a book, or her fingers flying across a keyboard writing, she's in the kitchen creating gourmet meals. You can find her, in four inch heels no less, in the car chauffeuring kids, or possibly with her husband scheduling his business trips. It's a good thing her characters do what she says, because even her Labrador doesn't listen to her...

Connect with Natasha Madison



Hosted By:
Thank you to Natasha Madison, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an early reader copy of Southern Heart. A positive review was not required. All thoughts/opinions are my own.