Monday, April 12, 2021

Weekly Wrap Up


Happy Monday my book loving friends!

Hoping you all had a wonderful weekend, and were able to enjoy some time outside. Here in Minnesota, it was a cool weekend, and pretty much overcast the entire time. Or as I like to call it "Eeyore-ish" weather.  This weekend we celebrated my youngest child. She turned 5 on Saturday, and had a blast playing with her neighborhood friends. Then it was dinner and cake with the grandparents. So much fun was had.

I read SO MANY BOOKS last week. I also wrote quite a few reviews. I love what I do, that is true. I've found that it is also helpful to write reviews for the books that don't really mesh with you as well as for the books you love. It just goes to show that not every book will be a favorite.

Let's go over my stats for the week:

      • Books Read: 6
      • Kindle Books: 6
      • ARCs: 5
      • Pages Read: 1,778

My average rating was 3.83 stars. That's pretty decent.

My favorite book of the week was End Game by Lisa Suzanne. The review for End Game (Vegas Aces #5) will be up later this week. I had been anticipating End Game for a while now as I had to know how Luke and Ellie's story ended. Anyways, we'll talk more about that later this week.

Now that we've discussed my stats, let's move on to the books I read. By the way, if I've already written the review for the book, it will be linked.

1) Charming As Puck

by Pippa Grant

Rating: 4 stars

Charming as Puck is the fourth book in the Copper Valley Thrusters series. I've had mixed feelings about the series as a whole, but have enjoyed a couple of the books. Charming as Puck is quite possibly my favorite. Love Nick and Kami together, and witnessing them go through their journey to a relationship was SO GOOD.


2) I Pucking Love You

by Pippa Grant

Rating: 4 stars


I Pucking Love You is the fifth book in the Copper Valley Thrusters series, and it just released last week. This time around it is all about Muffy and Tyler. We had our first glimpse of these two in Charming as Puck, but now we know what happened next. We know they had a one night stand, and that they had both been avoiding the other. The real question is why? Well that's explained. Let me just stay, I can relate to Muffy a little bit, and my heart goes out to her. I'm glad she's getting her HEA.


3) At Wits' End

by Kenzie Reed

Rating: 4 stars

If you like enemies to lovers, then read At Wits' End. I adored Donovan and Sienna. I want more of this setting, and the characters. 


4) Redemption

by Laura Lee

Rating: 4 stars

Oh Presley and Beckett, these two stole my heart. My heart broke for them both, and then was shattered by everything Presley had to endure during her 12 years in New York. Such a fantastic second chance romance.


5) End Game

by Lisa Suzanne

Rating: 4 stars


So earlier I said that End Game was my favorite book of the week. And it was. That being said, I have mixed emotions/thoughts. On one hand I have closure. My questions were answered, and it all wrapped up nicely. On the other hand, I'm sad because it's over and I want to see what happens next for Luke and Ellie. Such a good series, and am so glad to have read it.

Lisa Suzanne made me oh so happy when she mentioned that Jack is getting his story told next! AHHHHHHHH. That's right friends, Vegas Aces 2.0 is coming soon. When specifically? I have no clue, but you already know I'm going to read it. 


6) Every Time I Fall

by Lexi Ryan

Rating: 3 stars


Every Time I Fall was the last book that I read this week. I went into it knowing that it is the third in the Orchid Valley series, and that one of the main characters is a curvy woman. That right there captured my attention. Add in the brother's best friend trope, and I was done for. Leave me alone so I can read. There is so much I want to say, but I also want to keep that for my review. The concept was fantastic. The characters were relatable. Loved the community. Yet something was a miss for me.Which is why it received the rating it did. Look for my review later this week to find out more.

Six books in one week, well if that ever isn't fabulous. I started a seventh, but since I have not finished it yet, it obviously could not be included. Just know, the current book I'm reading is set on a farm in England, and there are alpacas involved.

Tell me about the book(s) you've read recently. Any that you highly recommend? 

Thank you for reading,