Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Roping Melanie {a review}


Are you a fan of small town romances? How about romances that get their start in Las Vegas? Secret baby trope more your thing? Single parent? Then reader friends, you're going to want to read Roping Melanie by Melissa Ellen! This is the fifth book in the Billingsley series, but don't worry, you don't need to read them in order. All of the books can be read as standalones. So hooray for that.


As the book begins, we find Melanie in Las Vegas with her friends as they celebrate her 21st birthday. While celebrating, Melanie meets Nash. These two hit it off, and spend the rest of the night together. The next morning, Melanie leaves without a word. But she quickly learns that what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas. No, here it is weeks later, and Melanie discovers she's pregnant. She doesn't know anything about Nash, except that the night they had was amazing. Melanie does eventually google him, and learns that he is a professional bull rider. After a failed attempt to tell him about the pregnancy, Melanie pushes on. Six years later, everything is about to change. Nash just came into the bar she works at, and she's sure he didn't see her, but now Melanie is a nervous wreck. Not only is Nash at the bar she works at, but rumor has it he's here to put down roots. 


I LOVED THIS BOOK! I don't think I can scream that loud enough. From the very beginning of Roping Melanie, I was all in. I could not put the book down, and I had to see how everything worked out. The characters are great. The setting is fantastic. And then there's the storyline that sucked me in. When the moment of conflict happened, my heart shattered a bit. I was rooting for these two, and while I knew everything would work out, my heart just wasn't convinced. But as the pieces were put back together, I fell for these characters even more.


And yes, I'll say it now because I'm thinking it. Roping Melanie gave me Hallmark movie vibes. It's the way the story was laid out. I'm convinced of that. So obviously I recommend the book. I think you should read it, especially if you like cowboy romances, single parent romances, small town romances, and all that comes with them.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts,
Laura



Single Mom? Nope. Not me. Ever.

 

I didn’t have a lot, but what I had I was proud of.

I was raised to keep my head down and work hard.

I followed the rules, rarely straying off the straight and narrow path.

That’s why when the opportunity to get wild and have a little fun presented itself, I jumped on it—or more like on him. The handsome cowboy from the bar.

It was one night in Vegas.

Afterward, all I had was the memory of his body pressed to mine and the hotel room key I swiped as I snuck out.

I never expected to see him again.

I definitely never imagined he’d show up in my small hometown seven years later, only to discover the daughter he never knew about.


 

Download today on Amazon, Apple Books, Audible, Google Play, Kobo, Barnes & Noble!


Add to your Goodreads TBR!

 

 

Meet Melissa


I'm an indie author that focuses on contemporary romance with a little bit of everything: humor, angst and sometimes suspense. A Reason To Stay, book one of the Blackwood Series, was my debut novel.

I grew up as a book worm, reading anything and everything and still try to read at least a book a week. I've always had an active imagination. Luckily, I now have time to put it to good use writing about characters that are constantly swarming around in my head.

I went from designing buildings to crafting stories. I'm a creative entrepreneur and coffee connoisseur.

Connect with Melissa

Website | Goodreads | Amazon | Facebook | Facebook Group | Instagram | Twitter | BookBub | Pinterest | Book+Main