Thursday, September 23, 2021

Sinful Kisses by Emily Bowie {a review}


Can I tell you something? When I started reading Sinful Kisses by Emily Bowie, I found myself wondering if I had read this before. Why did the characters feel familiar? Especially Gia. Like what is going on here? Um, well, you see, it's because I read Sinful Daughter not long ago, and so that story was still fresh in my brain. In Sinful Daughter, Gia was a side character. So NATURALLY my brain was tying them together, but I just couldn't remember everything. I guess that's what happens when you read as many books as I do. Thankfully once I figured it out, I was good to go!

In Sinful Kisses we have Gia Rossi and Romeo Mancini. These two are from rival families, and shit's about to go down. Romeo is still upset that his family has been ousted from leadership, and is doing what he can to regain control. Then there is Gia. Gia is set to marry Alfonso. He is one of her good friends, and this wedding will happen. Until Alfonso reveals a tidbit of truth to her. That throws everything out the window. They agree to a very public fight at a party, and it is at this party where things between Romeo and Gia begin. Gia leaves the party in a hurry, takes Romeo's car, and then crashes it not too much later. Romeo rescues her, gets her medical attention, and it is revealed that she is dealing with temporary memory loss. Romeo decides to have Gia stay with him at the farm, and tells her all these false truths. One thing leads to another, and things are intensifying.

This book...UGH. I couldn't put it down. Yes, the whole pig farm thing had me gagging a bit, but it's a mafia romance, so it just fits. Still though. Then there's the whole situation with Romeo and Gia, and oh my word. I was sucked into the story, and did not turn off my kindle until the story was over. I HAD to know 1) when Gia would get her memory back, 2) how she would be reunited with her family, 3) what would happen between her and Romeo, and 4) if Romeo would ever regain his status and power in the mafia world. There was so much going on in this book, that I can't even begin to talk about it all. Then the ending...oooh, I tell ya. Yes, I saw one part of the ending happening, I called that, but how everything played out, and how the reunion happened, I loved it. So good.

Emily Bowie has my complete attention with the Dark Mafia Sins series, and I need to see what else she has written. I have a strong feeling I will enjoy all of her other books. She just might become one of those authors who I need to read everything from. So there's that.

If you enjoy mafia romances, I strongly encourage you to pick up the Dark Mafia Sins series. Yes I could say to pick up Sinful Kisses, but I really think you'll like Sinful Daughter as well. No, you don't need to read one to read the other, and I can't even say that the first book gives backstory. It does a smidgen, but it's not necessary to read them in order. Read it, and then come talk to me so we can discuss!

Thank you for reading my rambling thoughts about Sinful Kisses. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day.

Laura


BLURB

They ruined my family... so I kidnapped their daughter.

Romeo Mancini:

Her name is Gia Rossi.

She’s gorgeous, untouchable, and promised to be married to someone who’s not me. Her family destroyed mine, ruining decades of reputation.

I once was the spare to the heir. Now I’m the heir that will rule nothing. It was stripped from my family. I’m determined to erase the disgrace of my father and brother before me and will rise to the power that is mine by birthright.

To do that, I need leverage. I need a queen. When Gia Rossi enters my path my mind becomes made. She will be mine at all costs. Kidnapping her was the easy part. Will I be able to break her to rule beside me? The road to reclaiming my throne is paved with betrayal, and war.






PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
or read for Free with Kindle Unlimited!





ALSO AVAILABLE


99c for a limited time!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited





AUTHOR BIO

Emily Bowie is from a small town in Western Canada. She has been making characters come to life through her writing since she was old enough to put her thoughts on paper. She loves her white wine cold, her heels red, and her books spicy. 

She married her high school sweetheart and they have two amazing children. 

She is the author to the Bennett Brothers Series. 

Recklessly Mine, Recklessly Forbidden, & Recklessly Devoted. 

When she is not writing she can be found reading a good book, making digital scrapbooks and being physically active—whether it is at the gym, going for a walk, or playing /keep up with her children.


AUTHOR LINKS




Thank you to Emily Bowie, and Give Me Books PR, for providing me with a copy of Sinful Kisses.