Thursday, September 23, 2021

The Heart Chaser by Gina Azzi {a review}


My name is Laura, and my obsession/fascination with hockey romance is still going strong almost 2 years later.


What's that, you didn't know I was a hockey romance fan? Well just click on that hockey romance tag, and you'll see all the wonderful books that I have read. It's a lot. Trust me. And all my reviews are not even posted here on What Laura's Reading. I can't help it. I just love it.

If you've been around for a while, then you know I fell hard for the Boston Hawks series by Gina Azzi at the beginning of this year. Here we are at the end of September, and I am still loving the series. I can't tell you though if Torsten or Jake is favorite though. It's pretty closely tied. That being said, The Heart Chaser is all about Panda. If you've read the series, then you've seen him in the background of the other stories, and chances are he's made an impression on you. Well it's time for his story to be told, and oh I wasn't prepared.

Luca and Abbi had an amazing weekend together, and before she left town, Luca promised to call. He was going to, until a family emergency made that difficult to do. Flash forward 6 months, and Abbi is now an employee with the Boston Hawks organization. It is here that she and Luca meet again. Things in both their lives have been overwhelming, and both are tired and hurting. It's just been a lot. Abbi has every right to be mad at Luca for not calling, but at the same time she could have reached out to him as well. She's here in Boston now though, and as much as she'd like to keep this professional, she can't deny the attraction. Same goes for Luca. He still wants her, but between his family and his career he's being pulled in too many directions. Abbi is also dealing with her ex texting her, and he isn't making life easy for her. Can these two work to overcome their current situations (family/job/ex/trust) to make it as a couple? Or will it all blow up in their faces?

Luca is an amazing man. Plain and simple, he just is. Yes he's been a player in the past, but this current Luca is amazing. He is doing what ever he can for his family, all while continuing on with his career. Yes, he wants Abbi in his life too, but things need to settle down a bit. Then there's Abbi. Oh Abbi. My heart hurts for her, and I just want to wrap her up in a giant hug. This woman has been through so much loss! Then there are these men who have just decimated any trust that she may have had. Her exes are just horrible, and so it isn't shocking to see the trust issues that she has. But when that situation happened with her ex, and all that went down, OH MY WORD. GRRRRR. Then there is Luca, and his family. I think I love them. His family just seem like a fantastic group who just want what is best for their loved ones. There is so much I want to say about The Heart Chaser, and everything that happened in the book, but honestly I can't put it into words. Luca has pushed Austin out of my top 3. He just has. I can't help it. Abbi is joining Claire and Chloe in the top 3 as well. These characters! I tell you. Their stories, their friendships, the environment that they are in, I just can't get enough. 

I can't scream it loud enough, but go read the Boston Hawks series. Please. Just do it. Go fall for these characters, and you just might find yourself wishing they were real people so you could befriend them. Or that could just be me. 

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts on The Heart Chaser. If you read Luca and Abbi's story, please let me know what you think. I'd love to talk about the book with you. (or any of the Boston Hawks books for that matter!)

Laura




BLURB

Notorious ladies’ man and hockey hotshot Luca Pandatelli broke his own rules when he tangled up with me.

Not only did we spend an entire weekend in bed together, but he confided in me, sharing painful truths about his past. With a kiss good-bye and a promise to call, something sparked between us. Something that broke through my walls.

Except he didn’t call. And I re-enforced my walls with steel and barbed wire.

Now, I’ve accepted a job with the Boston Hawks franchise, making it inevitable that I see the last man I want to cross paths with. I’m prepared to dismiss him and pretend like our weekend together never happened.

But the regret in Luca’s eyes and the apology in his voice catches me off-guard. The harder I push him away, the harder he pulls me in.

Until the one thing I can’t accept, can’t forgive, comes to light.

And I’m left wondering, is Luca only interested in the chase? Or is really playing for keeps?



PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU





ALSO AVAILABLE


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
B&N / KOBO / APPLE BOOKS /




COMING SOON


Releasing November 11

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU



Releasing January 6

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU



Releasing March 3

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU




Meet Gina Azzi



Gina Azzi writes emotional and captivating contemporary romance novels with heart-warming happily-ever-afters. She is the author of Second Chance Chicago Series, The Kane Brothers Series, Finding Love in Scotland Series, The College Pact Series, and Corner of Ocean and Bay. All of her books can be read as stand-alones. 

A Jersey girl at heart, Gina has spent her twenties traveling the world, living and working abroad, before settling down in Ontario, Canada with her husband and three children. She's a voracious reader, daydreamer, and coffee enthusiast who loves meeting new people. Say hey to her on social media or through www.ginaazzi.com.


Author Links



GIVEAWAY



Thank you to Gina Azzi, and Give Me Books PR, for providing me with an advanced copy of The Heart Chaser.