Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Violent Attraction by Jocelyne Soto {a review}

 

At the end of August, I had read a book called Vicious Union. It was the first book in a new series, and I loved just about every moment of that book. As that book was wrapping up, the stage was being set for Violent Attraction, and my curiosity was piqued. After all, I LOVE the brother's best friend trope, so I just had a feeling that this was going to be a good book. I just had to wait until October 19 for it to be released. Ahh bookworm problems.

I did receive an advanced readers copy (arc) of Violent Attraction, and friends, it lived up to the hype in my head. Santos and Isabella are simply wonderful.

So what happens in this book? Well for starters we begin at the wedding. After what happens there, we go back in time to when Isabella was 12. From that point on, we see how the relationship between Isabella and Santos begins to evolve. We also learn that Leo has pretty much told Santos to leave his sister alone.  Their relationship keeps progressing, and suddenly we are back at Isabella's wedding day where we see that initial scene play out. We also see the aftermath of that, and how it goes on to change their relationship once again. Knowing what has happened in the past, knowing how she has been hurt, can Isabella take another chance on Santos? Can these two ever find their way to their happily ever after? Or will her father always stand in their way?

Can we take a moment to ogle that gorgeous cover? The design was done by Books and Moods PR, and I think it is absolutely fabulous. It fits right along with the cover from Vicious Union, and it has me anticipating the cover for Vindictive Blood. So let's talk about the book. I still love the main characters, and I still strongly dislike Ronaldo, as well as Emilio. I get why Ronaldo set up the arranged marriage for his eldest daughter, but it still gutted me since she was so distraught.  Witnessing Santos go through the grieving process, and his desire to find the person responsible, tugged at my heartstrings, and brought on the emotions. Seeing how Santos and Isabella had to really fight for this relationship, and figure out ways to make it possible, showed how much they truly wanted this. Then there was Leo and Santos trying to find a way for Isabella to not have to go through with the wedding to Emilio, and it took a lot of effort to get to the point that they were. I just loved this story. From start to finish I could not get enough. Then Jocelyne had to go and set the stage for Vindictive Blood, and oh my word. I am so ready for Camilla's story, and to find out about that bombshell that was dropped! Is it November 23 yet?

I truly hope that you will read the Flor de Muertos series by Jocelyne Soto. While each story follows a different couple, I do recommend that you read them in order. It will give a better understanding of the characters and the situations that they find themselves in. Highly recommend this series, and cannot wait to read more from Jocelyne Soto.

Thank you for stopping by to read my thoughts. I greatly appreciate it.

Laura



She was a Cart​​el Princess. 


I was a soldier. A helping hand. A life that didn’t matter. 

 

None of that stopped me from falling in love with her the first time I laid eyes on her. 


This Cartel Princess was everything to me. 


And I was able to show her, but only in secret.


After years of hiding I had finally found the courage to tell her father, but he announced he’d arranged a marriage for her. One that will bound families. 


One that is all about power and money.


The man that she is set to marry is a dangerous man. He doesn’t love her. He only wants her for the money and power that she comes with. 


I need to try my hardest to stop this arrangement. 


No matter how much blood I shed. 


Isabella Morales is mine. 


Grab Your Copy Here!

Add to your Goodreads TBR!

Meet Jocelyne Soto

Jocelyne Soto is a romance author  born and raised in California. 

She started her writing journey in 2015 and in 2019 she published her first book. She is an independent author who loves discovering new authors on Goodreads and Amazon. 

She comes from a big Mexican family, and with it comes a love for all things family and food.

Jocelyne has a love for her mom’s coffee and writing. In her free time, she can be found reading a romance novel off her iPad or somewhere in the black hole of YouTube.


Connect with Jocelyne Soto

Website | Newsletter | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest


Hosted by:

Thank you to Jocelyne Soto, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced copy of Violent Attraction.