Thursday, March 3, 2022

The Score Keeper by Gina Azzi {a review}

The day is here. Today is the day that The Score Keeper by Gina Azzi is available. I've been anticipating this book like mad, but at the same time, I am sad the day is here. If you do not know, The Score Keeper is the 9th, and final, book in the Boston Hawks Hockey series. I fell for this series immediately, and it's hard to believe that the journey is over.

That being said, the end of the Boston Hawks series DOES have me eagerly anticipating the Tennessee Thunderbolts series. You see there is a connection between the two that you will learn about in The Score Keeper. That connection has me giddy.

So what is The Score Keeper about? Scott Reland is the owner of the Hawks, and he's looking for love. A few years ago he had a moment with Noelle, and it has stuck with him. When he sees her at an event, he has to jump in to help her out. That leads to a conversation, which leads to her looking at Boston for another location for her business. She'd JUST be going there for business, no other reason. Especially since Scott and her dad run in the same circles. (you know since they both own hockey teams.) This age gap romance will draw you in, and hold your attention until the very end.

The Score Keeper was excellent. Not only was Scott and Noelle's story wonderful, it also has me hyped for the Tennessee series. Especially after reading what I did, and learning about the connection.

Scott and Noelle are both driven people who work hard to help their businesses be successful. Noelle is being groomed to take over for her father, but that isn't her passion. Noelle's passion is her bakery, Primrose. Baking is her where her heart is, and she wishes her dad could support her decisions. Unfortunately he has tunnel vision, and is not accepting anything except her working for his hockey team.

I absolutely loved the connection that Scott and Noelle had. I couldn't help but notice how they fit into each others lives so easily. They are both familiar with the hockey world, and everything that goes into it. At the same time, Scott knew he needed to back Noelle with her business. Helping her to succeed was everything to him. I think it also took him saying what he did for things to turn around. Did he overstep? Possibly, but honestly it was for the best.

These two did not have an easy path to their happily ever after, but once they arrived it was glorious. I am hoping that these two will pop up in the Tennessee Thunderbolt stories, but only time will tell.

Loved the story. Loved seeing the familiar faces. I am hyped for the next series. As much as I am heartbroken the series is over, at the end of the day this moment had to arrive. I am appreciative of the stories I read within this world, the characters I fell for, and the journey they took me on. I look forward to the future and the potential to see characters pop up in the future.

Thank you for reading my thoughts on The Score Keeper. I truly hope that if sports romance is a genre you enjoy reading, that you will pick up the entire Boston Hawks series, and fall for these characters the way I did. Kudos to Gina Azzi for creating this amazing world, and the characters in it.

Laura

 
Boston Hawks owner Scott Reland is my father’s biggest rival and the last man who should catch my eye. But when he does, I don’t look away.

 

We’ve circled each other for years, two outliers in a small club of NHL owners. We know the rules, manage similar pressures, and understand that this lifestyle — hockey over everything — isn’t for everyone. 

 

Which is why I want out. 

 

To prove to my father that I have a future beyond the New York Sharks, I score one for me and open a bakery in Boston, the city that reveres Scott. 


It isn’t long until the dynamic and perceptive Hawk pursues me. And I’m entirely unprepared to be swept off my feet, cared for and supported after so many years on my own. Scott easily draws me back into the hockey life I thought I didn’t want. 

 

But can our relationship survive the demands of this industry? Or will I always be keeping score, second to the game that dictates everything?


Order Your Copy Here:

Amazon | Nook | Kobo | Apple | Google Play 


Add to your Goodreads TBR List!





Meet Gina Azzi


I’m Gina Azzi, a book-obsessed, coffee-drinking, globetrotting, mama of soon-to-be three! I write sweet with a dash of spicy New Adult and Contemporary Romance full of good men putting in work to win the hearts of even better women.

A total Jersey girl at heart, I struggle with insatiable wanderlust and currently reside in Ontario, Canada with my family. 

 

When I’m not dreaming up storylines or writing all the words, you can find me hanging with my littles, attempting to bake, or planning my next adventure.

 

Connect with me on social media or at ginaazziauthor@gmail.com. I’d love to hear from you!

 

Happy Reading!

Xo,

Gina


Connect with Gina

Website | Newsletter | Facebook | Reader GroupTwitter | Instagram | TikTok | BookBub | Goodreads | Amazon Author Page



Hosted by:

Thank you to Gina Azzi, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced review copy of The Score Keeper.