Friday, April 1, 2022

April Anticipated Reads

I cannot even begin to wrap my head around the fact that I am talking about my anticipated reads for the month of April. How? How are we at that point?

April has a lot of new releases that I am beyond excited about. One thing you'll notice is that all the books I am excited about are part of various series. If you know me at all, you know that series are my weakness, and I always gravitate toward them.

This month there are a couple series concluding (Only One and Vegas Aces: The Tight End), one just getting started, and of course numerous others in progress. 

You may notice that I have Caught Looking by Aven Ellis listed for April. Aven has said, in her Facebook group, that it WILL be an April release! When in April? No clue. Doesn't matter. I will read it, and I am sure I will love it. It's a book by Aven, and I almost always love her stuff.

So what books, besides Caught Looking, are on my list? Let's take a peek! 



2 - Shed My Skin by Nola Marie

Sons of Sin #5
Tropes: Bad Boy, Rockstar
Add to Goodreads

The time has come for Maddox's story to be told. If you've read the previous four books in the series, then you know the path of destruction that Maddox has been on. You also know what happened in Break Me Down. Which I can't say anything on, because spoilers! In my heart of hearts, Shed My Skin is going to be hard hitting, and deeply emotional. I just have this feeling that Maddox has been through hell and back, and he's battered and bruised because of it. Now who is the person that's going to be his happily ever after?

Also, Nola Marie has said that this book is part ONE of Maddox's story. So prepare yourself for a cliffhanger! And no, I don't have word on when the second half of his story is coming.


5 - Gold Lust by Aleatha Romig

Sin #3
Tropes: Romantic Suspense, Age Gap, Billionaire
Add to Goodreads

These cliffhangers, I tell ya! They just do me in, and have me needing the next book immediately. So it's of no surprise when I finished Green Envy that I had to add Gold Lust to my list. Cannot wait to see what happens next with Van and Julia. As well as maybe find out what secrets are still being hidden. I know there are a few!


7 - Bright Like Midnight by Julia Wolf

Savage U #2
Tropes: Opposites Attract
Add to Goodreads

If you read Soft Like Thunder, then you are familiar with Zadie and Amir. You kind of know what went down on that day. Well in Bright like Midnight we are going to find everything out, and also see how these two opposites find their happily ever after. Bring it on!


7 - Fighter by S Massery

Sterling Falls #2
Tropes: Gothic, Reverse Harem, Dark
Add to Goodreads


It is time to return to Sterling Falls, and find out what is happening with Hades, Ares, Apollo, and Kora. We know that Thief ended with a cliffhanger. So I'm assuming that Fighter picks up right where we left off. Or at least it better because I have questions! I am absolutely enthralled with this greek mythology retelling. Cannot wait to see what happens next with our characters. And this time I'm prepared for another cliffhanger!


7 - Tight Laced by Lisa Suzanne

Vegas Aces: The Tight End #4
Tropes: Fake Relationship, Brother's Best Friend, Age Gap, Athlete
Add to Goodreads

It really shouldn't be any surprise that the last two books in the Vegas Aces: The Tight End series are on my anticipated reads list. Every season that Lisa Suzanne has released has had me on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what happens next. Ben and Kaylee's story is no different. 




12 - Broken Boys Crave Chaos by JB Heller

Broken Boys #4
Tropes: Second Chance
Add to Goodreads

In January, I binged the first three books in this series. I was hooked on the characters, and found myself curious about Kass. In Broken Boys Crave Chaos we find out more about Kass, who his love interest is, and how they get to their happily ever after. I am looking forward to this one, and of course getting to revisit with familiar faces.


12 - Only One Forever by Natasha Madison

Only One #8
Tropes: Forbidden, Best Friends to Lovers, Soul Mates, Athlete
Add to Goodreads

The time has come. On one hand I'm excited because it is finally time for Dylan and Alex's story!! On the other hand, this book signals the end of this series. Yes, I know there is a spin off happening, but still, I'm not ready to say goodbye to the current cast of characters. Pushing the end of the series to the side, I am so freaking giddy about this book. It is going to be full of humor, familiar faces, and a whole lot of steamy moments. I wonder what the moment of conflict will be for these two? Guess I'll just have to wait and find out.


14 - Bonds We Break by Paula Dombrowiak

Blood & Bone #3
Tropes: Love Triangle, Friends to lovers, Hate to love, Rockstar
Add to Goodreads

If you know me, then you know that I absolutely loved Jack and Erin's story. It encompassed two books, and it was totally worth it. If you've read those books, then you know who Mia is, and the influence she had on many peoples lives. Bonds We Break is her story. It's going to be tragic. It's going to be hard hitting. It's going to be emotional. It's going to be fabulous.


19 - Second Shot with #76 by Piper Rayne

Hockey Hotties #5
Tropes: Second Chance, Reunited, Athlete
Add to Goodreads

We met Cory in Sneaking Around with #34, and found out about Ande. Ande is the woman who he had an amazing time with, but then they went their separate ways. They just so happened to have reconnected recently. Second Shot with #76 is their story of their second chance romance. Hopefully the drama isn't too intense!


21 - Tight End by Lisa Suzanne

Vegas Aces: The Tight End #5
Tropes: Fake Relationship, Brother's Best Friend, Age Gap, Athlete
Add to Goodreads

It's the last book in the series! Ben and Kaylee should FINALLY get their happily ever after. I just wonder what speed bumps will get in their way, and delay that happiness?


22 - The Scorecard by Maren Moore

Totally Pucked #3
Tropes: Hate to Love, Brother's Best Friend, Fake Relationship, Athlete
Add to Goodreads

It's time for Graham's book! If you read Sincerely the Puck Bunny, then you know who Graham is. You probably also fell for him in that book. Well in his story, there is a fake marriage with Emery Davidson. As in his best friend's little sister. Ooh this is going to be good! 


22 - The Secrets to Heartbreak by Brittany Taylor

Heartbreak #2
Tropes: Brother's Best Friend
Add to Goodreads

I have read two books by Brittany Taylor, and I loved them both. Now here we are with the second book in the Heartbreak series, and I cannot wait to get this book in my greedy little hands! Based on the blurb, it sounds absolutely fabulous!


26 - Reason to Believe by Rebecca Yarros

Legacy #1
Tropes: Small Town, Brother's Best Friend, Forced Proximity
Add to Goodreads

Okay I fully admit that I have only read one other book by Rebecca Yarros, and that book WRECKED ME! It's been a couple of years, and I always recommend that book when people ask for tearjerkers. (The Last Letter if you're curious) So when I heard about the Legacy series, I knew I had to jump in. Bring on the tears! I'm sure they'll happen.


28 - Fool Me Thrice by Lizzie Morton

Fool Me #3
Tropes: Romantic Suspense
Add to Goodreads

Oh this series!! It is so dang good. The storyline from Fool Me Once and Fool Me Twice captivated me, and I could not put the books down. So when I heard rumors of Fool Me Thrice, I immediately added it to my calendar. Cannot wait to return to this storyline, and find out what happens next.

 

28 - Rule by Caitlyn Dare

Red Ridge Sinners #3
Tropes: MC Club, Reverse Harem, Enemies to Lovers, Bully, Dark
Add to Goodreads


The first two books in the Red Ridge Sinners, as well as the couple of novellas, have grabbed my attention. I find myself even more curious as to what is going to happen between River and her guys. Rule is just the continuation of their story.


TBD - Caught Looking by Aven Ellis

DC Soaring Eagles #4
Tropes: Athlete, Fake Relationship, Friends to Lovers
Add to Goodreads

Hello baseball romance! That's right, Aven is back to the DC Soaring Eagles world. This book feels as though it's been a long time coming. In all reality though, it's only been two years since we were with the team last. But now it's time for Meghan and Chase to have their story told. I am hoping that Dominick and Barbara make an appearance. I've kind of adopted them as my grandparents. 🙂


There you have it! Those are the SIXTEEN books that I am anticipating for April. I cannot wait to dive in. You'll notice that I have no links available for Rule by Caitlyn Dare, and that is because at the time of this post, they were not available. But I do know that is the rough release date for the book. So once I have that information, I will come back and add it in. 

Tell me, what's on your anticipated reads list for April? Any recommendations?

Happy Reading,
Laura