Monday, May 23, 2022

Nothing Feels Better by Brit Benson {a review}

Nothing Feels Better is the third book in the Better Love series from Brit Benson. Nothing Feels Better is a single parent, opposites attract romance with a small age gap (5 years). If you've read the other two books in the Better Love series, then you're familiar with Jesse. In this book we get to see him fall head over heals, and fight for the relationship he so desires.

Rating: 4.5 Stars

I am absolutely hooked on the Better Love series from Brit Benson!

Nothing Feels Better is the story between Jesse and Jocelyn. These two had a chance meeting when Jesse was at a party that Riggs was hosting. Turns out Jocelyn lives right next door. It's not just Jocelyn that lives there though. It's her two kids (June and Jude) too.

I have loved seeing Jesse's character evolve and grow throughout this series. Now witnessing how he found his forever person just has me loving him even more. This man is pretty phenomenal. He's not your typical college kid by any means.

The attraction is immediate. The chemistry is there. Jocelyn is a bit on edge about the 5 year age gap, but Jesse shows her it doesn't matter. These two together is everything. I could not get enough, and I may have stayed up extremely late so I could continue with their story. I regret nothing.

I really appreciated how the group quickly pulled Jocelyn into their community. They made her and the kids feel safe, loved, and a part of a new family so to speak.

There is so much that happened in Nothing Feels Better. I couldn't even begin to touch on it all. Just know that Jocelyn's ex-husband is scum. There are trigger warnings mentioned at the beginning of the book, so pay attention to that if there are things that are difficult for you to read about.

This story, while difficult to read at times because of the ex-husband, captivated me. I could not put it down, and I found myself wanting to know more. I wanted to see what happened next.

Loved the characters. Loved the story. Returning to this group of friends felt a bit like coming home. My heart is happy for Jesse, Jocelyn, June, and Jude. That little pirate stole my heart, and I see bits of myself in that 9 year old.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts. Go read this book. You will not regret it one bit. By far one of my favorite reads for this month. 

Happy Reading,
Laura

Jesse Hernandez has infiltrated my life.

 

The gorgeous, exciting, genius of a man who hangs out next door.

Who happens to be younger than me.

And in college.

And heading to medical school in just a few short months.

 

It started innocently enough.

The occasional run-in.

A few chance encounters.

An offer to babysit.

An offer for…more.

 

But then it snowballed.

 

Now, I only know two things for certain.

One, for the first time in my entire life, I’m not an afterthought.

And two, this will end very, very badly.

 

My kids. My job. His future.

It’s all at risk.

 

Jesse Hernandez has infiltrated my life, and if I’m not careful, we will all be in tatters when he leaves.



Grab Your Copy Here!

Add to your Goodreads TBR or BookBub wishlist!

Meet Brit Benson

Brit Benson writes romance novels that are sassy, sexy, and sweet.

When she’s not dreaming up her next swoony book boyfriend and fierce book bestie, she’s reading. 

When she’s not reading, she’s probably marathoning a Netflix series or wandering aimlessly up and down the aisles in Homegoods.

Brit currently resides somewhere near the Blue Ridge Parkway with her husband, daughters, and dogs.


Connect with Brit Benson

Website | Newsletter | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok | Pinterest | Goodreads | Amazon Author Page



Hosted by:

Thank you to Brit Benson, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced review copy of Nothing Feels Better.