Thursday, May 19, 2022

Ryker by Samantha Lind {a review}


Ryker is the first book in the San Francisco Shockwaves series from Samantha Lind! This single dad sports romance has been on my anticipated reads list for sometime now. So when presented with the option to read an advanced copy, I was all in.


I had been waiting for Ryker's story. He had caught my attention at the end of the Indianapolis Eagles series, and I quickly marked this book down as one I had to read.

Over all I liked the romance between Avery and Ryker. These neighbors turned lovers had me smiling quite a few times. The relationship between Avery and Ellie really drew me in. They formed a bond early on, and Ellie could see what her dad couldn't.

As the story progressed, I found myself waiting for the drama to happen. There were a couple of times when I thought it would happen, but then nothing. I think I've finally realized that the author just doesn't write those scenes into her books. So I should stop looking for it! Especially since I've read a few books by Samantha Lind. That lack of conflict and/or drama had me rating the book 
3.5 stars on Goodreads.

All in all the story was good. Yes I wanted more from the characters. Yes I wanted the dramatic moment for the couple. At the same time, I just really like Ryker. He drew me in, and I was happy to see him find his happily ever after.

Will I continue with the series? That I'm not certain about. I didn't feel a pull to any of the other teammates. I don't have that connection. So time will tell.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts. If you're looking for a whirlwind romance featuring a single dad and his next door neighbor, then consider picking this one up.

Happy Reading,
Laura





After years of trying to get back home to be closer to my daughter, I finally secured a spot on the newly expanded San Francisco Shockwaves.

 

Juggling being the newly appointed Captain of the team and taking on full-time fatherhood to a teenager sends my life into chaos.

 

I quickly find myself needing someone who can pick up the pieces and keep my life in order as I certainly can’t do it alone.

 

I just never thought my savior would be the sexy woman next door- the one I can’t keep my mind or eyes off every chance I get.

 


Grab Your Copy Here!
Add to your Goodreads TBR!


Meet Samantha Lind

Samantha Lind is a contemporary romance author. Having spent the first 27 years of her life in Alaska, she now calls Iowa home where she lives with her husband and two sons. 

She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, reading, watching hockey (Go Knights Go!), and listening to country music.


Connect with Samantha Lind

Newsletter | Website | Facebook Page | Facebook Profile | Facebook Group | Instagram | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon | BookBub




Hosted By:


Thank you to Samantha Lind, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced review copy of Ryker.