Wednesday, May 18, 2022

On The Edge by Julia Connors {a review}

Julia Connors new release, On The Edge, is a steamy second-chance romance set in the world of competitive skiing. This debut novel is sure to catch your attention, and have you coming back for more. Jackson and Nate's story will pull you in, and have you waiting to see how they find their happily ever after.

Oh how I love a good second chance romance! The fact that this was slow burn, steamy, and a sports romance had me all in.

Jackson was perfectly content living her life, working at the job she loved, and she had her relationship with Marco. Except that relationship was causing a bit of turmoil. After returning to work from a long (and much needed) vacation, Jackson finds out she has a new client, and will be expected to travel with him to all the races. The minute she sees THAT name on the folder, she's ready to run. The way her relationship with Nate ended still caused heartache, and she was still angry. Meanwhile Nate was living life the best he could. He was doing what he loved, but he didn't have the woman he loved by his side. It was time to find his way back to her. To show her that it was only ever her. She was it for him.

This book was filled with so much emotion. These two have quite the past, and you can feel the connection between them. Their road to reunion wasn't easy though. But Nate knew that would be the situation when he started. Secrets were still being kept. Jackson was guarding her heart. Friends were worried. Plus they worked together, so that made a reunion even more difficult.

The big moment was pretty intense. I knew that drama was coming, but I wasn't expecting it to be that grand. I'm still not over all of that, and how it affected Jackson. I also still have a question or two regarding all of it.

The reunion took a while to happen, but I was so happy when it did. I was rooting for these two.

On The Edge was my first book by Julia Connors that I had read, and I cannot wait for the next in this series. Sierra has me intrigued. I'm also looking forward to Petra's story, and I would love to see something regarding Marco.

Thank you for taking time to read my random thoughts about On The Edge. Go grab this new release, or download it on Kindle Unlimited. I truly think you'll find yourself intrigued by the characters, and loving the setting. 

Happy Reading,
Laura




Once upon a time I had it all: an Olympic gold medal, a career as a professional ski racer, and a happily ever after so close I could almost touch it. Then my perfect life imploded in one tragic weekend. 

Five years later I’ve rebuilt my life with the best girlfriends, the perfect new boyfriend, and a new career. Now my ex—the one who wrecked everything five years earlier—is back as the newest member of the National Ski Team and I’m forced to be his physical therapist. 

My days are filled with him. He’s constantly shirtless and sweaty and sexy as sin, and trying to make me fall in love with him again. 

But I built these walls around my heart for a reason—and his presence is threatening to undo everything I've created without him. With the stakes this high and the sexual tension this hot, this could all go so very wrong. 

Or, maybe we’re on the edge of getting everything we ever wanted.


Grab Your Copy Here!


Meet Julia Connors


Julia Connors grew up on the warm and sunny West Coast, but her first decision as an adult was to trade her flip-flops for snow boots and move to Boston. 

She’s been enjoying everything that New England has to offer for over two decades, and now that she’s acclimated to the snowy winters and finally found all the places to get good sushi and tacos, she has zero regrets. 


You can usually find her in front of her computer, but when she stops writing she’s most likely to be found outdoors, preferably with a pair of skis or snowshoes strapped to her feet in winter, or on a paddleboard in the summer. 


To learn more about Julia Connors and her books, please visit here



Hosted by:

Thank you to Julia Connors, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced review copy of On The Edge.