Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Sideline Infraction by Emily Silver (a review)



Earlier this year, Emily Silver kicked off her Denver Mountain Lions series with the book Roughing the Kicker. I happen to love sports romance, so naturally I checked it out. I was immediately hooked on her storytelling, as well as the characters she created. Needless to say I stuck with the series, and recently read an advanced copy of Sideline Infraction, which is book 3. 

My rating for Sideline Infraction:


Sideline Infraction is by far my favorite of the series! There was just something about Alex and Carter that drew me in. These two are absolutely fantastic. Their chemistry is superb. Loved their shared interests. Fully enjoyed how when they were together they just felt at peace, as though they could finally relax and be their true selves.

Carter's past relationship definitely had him looking for the red flags, and trying to protect himself. As for Alex, he was all about continuing to keep this secret, as well as spend every moment he could with Carter. It was definitely love at first sight, but I don't care. This book was so well written, the characters are likable, and everything just felt right.

The moment of conflict...I knew it would have something to do with Alex not being out. I did. I just wasn't fully expecting it to unravel the way it did. I wasn't expecting the blow up. Nor was I expecting how it was resolved, and everything that went with it. The conversation between the coach and Alex had me in tears. You could feel the love pouring off of the coach, and his understanding of the topic. Coach stepped out of his professional role, and into the role of a parent in that moment. I absolutely loved it.

Emily Silver has created a marvelous football series, and I cannot get enough.

If you are looking for a m/m romance then you need to read this one. Plus it's sports romance, it's instalove, and a bit forbidden. (considering who Carter's dad is.)  

Have you checked out the Denver Mountain Lions series yet? Do you plan on reading Sideline Infraction? I promise the series, and this book, are absolutely wonderful.

Happy Reading,
Laura



What happens when I find the right guy at exactly the wrong time?

I’m Alex Young. Star quarterback for the Denver Mountain Lions. Captain of the team. Son. Brother. Teammate.


And I’m gay.

No one can know. My secret could destroy everything. I lock myself up in the closet and throw away the key. It’s better this way. I can focus on football and being the best quarterback I can be.

Until him.

With that first look, I’m a goner. I’ve never met anyone like him. With each touch, he’s breaking down the walls I’ve worked so hard to build.

But what if someone finds out? What if I’m outed to the world and cut from the team I love?

I can’t risk it.

But when Carter kisses me like that?

I just can’t resist.

I’m in so much trouble.




Thank you to Emily Silver, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced copy of Sideline Infraction.

Also, I am an Amazon Affiliate. Therefore purchases made from links in this post allow me to earn a small commission. So thank you!