Tuesday, November 1, 2022

So Pucking Over It by Elise Faber {a review}

My heart hadn't actually beat until I'd met Bailey. I hadn't truly lived, not until I'd been lucky enough to love her.

I have been waiting for this moment since July! That is when I first met Axel and Bailey in Big Puck Energy, and I was instantly captivated. Elise Faber has a way with words, settings, and character development that I absolutely love. Knowing that Rush Hockey was a spin off of Gold Hockey had me even more excited. Especially since there would be a crossover. Those Gold Hockey players are some of my favorite fictional players, so I always love it when they make appearances.

If you are not familiar with the Rush Hockey trilogy, know that they MUST be read in order. It is a continual storyline, and there are cliffhangers involved. Thankfully So Pucking Over It is the finale, so all the books are available to read. No need to be like me and wait for the next installment.

My rating for So Pucking Over It:

OH MY WORD! WHAT AN ENDING TO THIS TRILOGY!!! I seriously thought I would go through October with no 5 star reads, and then this book happened. I laughed. I literally cried. I felt all the feels, and may have found myself biting my finger nails. I KNOW OKAY, I KNOW!

So Pucking Over It had so much suspense, heartache, pain, and healing. My heart was beating rapidly during the first part of the story. Then it just piled on. I could not put this book down, as I had to know what happened next. I couldn't help it. I'm obsessed, and I needed answers!

So Pucking Over It was a fabulous read. Bailey and Axel FINALLY get their happily ever after. The journey to that HEA though was a rollercoaster ride. As though these two hadn't been through enough! Elise Faber just kept adding to it. This book was a bit emotional at times, and I loved every minute of it.

Then there was the fact that we were getting to hang with the Gold team, and I loved the way they were a part of this story. Brit and Stefan hold a special spot in my reader heart. Love those two.

I will say I was a bit surprised with that new storyline. That being said Veronica was a great addition to the story, and I am hopeful that she'll get her story told with a certain Rush player. (ahem, pretty please Elise!)

I am also hopeful that we'll get to see more of Bailey and Axel in future Gold Hockey stories. They would make fabulous side characters, and I'd just like to visit with them again while with the Gold players/family. I'm greedy!

When I had read Filthy Puckboy, I made a comment to Elise Faber that I hoped Billie Rose would get her story told. Elise confirmed that is happening! That story was set up throughout So Pucking Over It, but that teaser at the end? UGH! Now I have to patiently wait until January 24 for Love, Pucks, and Other Stories. So excuse me while I add that to my calendar, preorder the book, and add it to my anticipated reads list.

Have you dove into the Rush Hockey trilogy yet? If you're a fan of hockey romance and/or small town romance, I really hope that you'll read it. I started off strongly disliking Axel, but found myself changing my tune. He and Bailey are simply amazing.

Happy Reading,
Laura



I had everything I had ever wanted…

And it meant nothing.

Because the love of my life had lost everything.

My career was exactly where I’d wanted it—I was on a great team, getting lots of playing time, and I’d finally won the ultimate prize.

But Bailey was hurting, and I couldn’t live knowing that.

I loved her more than my life, my job, my dreams.

She was my dream now.

And I would do anything to save her so that she could live out hers.

So Pucking Over It is the final book in Axel and Bailey’s story!




Thank you Elise Faber, and Elle Woods PR, for providing me with an advanced copy of So Pucking Over It.



Please note:
I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.
Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.
Thank you!