Thursday, November 17, 2022

The Endgame by Bianca Borell {a review}

One day, Levi Kingston will be a memory. A bitter memory, but a memory, nonetheless.


The Endgame is the latest release from Bianca Borell. This is a sports romance featuring the brother's best friend trope, as well as first love, and a virgin heroine. The Endgame also spans quite a bit of time. I hesitate to call it a slow burn, because in the steamy sense it's not, but in the HEA it is. If that makes sense. 

This was my introduction to Bianca Borell, and let me tell you, I will be back to read more. I felt all the emotions while reading, and was rooting for these two to get together. Of course I was also rooting for Ian to stop being the protective older brother, as well as the family dynamic shifting a bit.

My rating for The Endgame:



I loved this book! I mean it features one of my favorite tropes, plus it's a sports romance. That wasn't the only reason why I loved it though. This book was all about timing with our characters, and for the longest time they just couldn't get to their happily ever after. When it finally did happen though, I was celebrating. Levi and Amelie had gone through so much. So to see them finally getting to this moment had me smiling.

Is it instalovy? Well yeah, but at the same time no. Like I said above it's walking that fine line. If anything I would say it's more insta-lust, but you can't deny the connection that these two had from their first introduction.

I loved Amelie and Levi together. I felt their chemistry, their bond, and could not wait to see everything they were going to need to go through to get their happily ever after. And boy oh boy did they have to go through some stuff.

A little over half way through the book I thought this is it, they're getting their happily ever after now. But then I looked at the % of the book I read, and instantly knew the characters were about to go through something very difficult. I just wasn't expecting it to be what it was.


I did really like how Amelie was able to follow her dream, and how all of that happened. I was wondering who the investor was, and while in the back of my mind I knew, at the same time I was speculating a few different people. The passion that Amelie has for baking radiated off the pages. No matter the emotion, Amelie was able to calm herself, and her mind through baking. I loved that for her.


Some might get frustrated with all the back and forth with our couple. For me though it just added to the intensity of their story. It created these moments where you couldn't look away. It honestly was like watching a movie.


This book was filled with emotions, passion, heartache, separation, healing, and a great connection. It wasn't just regarding their relationship though. There were family dynamics at play that also caused hurt, frustration, anger. All of that required healing and forgiveness to move forward.

I hope that you'll pick up The Endgame. Maybe you'll fall for these two the way I did. Maybe you'll fall for some side characters. Maybe you'll find yourself hoping those side characters get their stories told. Or maybe that's just me.

Happy Reading,
Laura





Every girl with a brother grows up with one fundamental rule: his best friend is off limits. That’s one rule she longs to break when he crashes into her life.

Amelie Weston has been taking the safe path for as long as she can remember. Not disappointing her parents by pursuing the career she wants. And not pursuing the guy she’s been crushing on.

But she’s tired of being the good girl.

Her brother’s best friend is pushing her to stop being a people pleaser and open the bakery of her dreams. Little does he know he’s also at the top of the list of her heart’s greatest desires... and he’s making himself impossible to resist.

Levi Kingston fully intends to become a legend on the field as one of the best players ever. He must stay focused and work relentlessly toward his goal. He doesn’t have time for distractions... until he meets his best friend’s sister, and his well-laid plan is challenged.

Bad timing, responsibilities, and loyalty to her brother keep them apart. But the connection between them only grows stronger. Their feelings become impossible to ignore, and the fight against them is pointless.

Will they take a chance on love? Or waste an opportunity for long-awaited happiness?


Thank you Bianca Borell, and Grey's Promotions, for providing me with an advanced copy of The Endgame.

Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!