Thursday, November 10, 2022

The Marriage Arrangement by Kim Loraine {a review}


"There's nothing wrong with falling in love, Becca. When you find the right one, it'll happen and you'll see."

The Marriage Arrangement is the third book in the Anything for Love series by Kim Loraine. In this latest book we get to know Becca Barnes and Taylor Savage a bit better. We find out about the day they met, how a romance about to blossom, and then we are in current day. If you are looking for a marriage of convenience story (fake relationship) that is also grumpy/sunshine, forced proximity, hate to love, and a sports romance, then consider picking up The Marriage Arrangement when it releases on November 14, 2022!


I loved the majority of this book. I'm going to do my review stream of consciousness style!
      • That meet cute was adorable!
      • Becca and Taylor seem like they would be fabulous together. They definitely have chemistry.
      • Tinkerbell and Hook
      • Cardamom? Oops.
      • Aww, she's taking care of him.
      • Ugh. So it's going to be like that.
      • Hello Taylor showing back up!
      • Dang, that was an offer! But I can see Becca's point. She's obviously going to go for it. (otherwise the story would end here)
      • LOVE all this banter!
      • Scarlett has my curiosity
      • OOH Scotland! Bring it on!
      • Taylor's mom is THAT mom, and I am here for it.
      • Granddad is pretty spectacular.
      • Major shift happening in this faux relationship!
      • Taylor's dad is an ass. Plain and simple.
      • SCARLETT!?!
      • Ooooh that's gonna hurt.
      • Love getting to see more of Mav and Clara
      • And they lived happily ever after.

Other random thoughts that I had while reading.
  • I fully enjoyed the hate to love trope. It fit in so perfectly.
  • So much happened in Scotland that I cannot even begin to touch on it. One of the last scenes had me feeling a tad worried. 
  • I did not like Taylor's dad. Not one bit. Also, I will say that felt like a storyline that wasn't completed. I still have questions regarding that character, and the shenanigans that he was causing.
  • One thing I know is that as Becca and Taylor's story was winding down, the groundwork was being laid for Scarlett's. I am beyond ready for that story!

I continue to enjoy this hockey romance series from Kim Loraine. I fell hard for Mav and Clara, and everything has just continued to snowball. Bring on Scarlett's story. (especially knowing what I know)

Happy Reading,
Laura



I need a wife. NOW.

With this hockey season on the line, I can’t afford any distractions. And a dating reality show is one huge distraction. But there's a surefire way to get out of this dating show contract. All I have to do is get married.

Even with a reputation like mine–the Scottish bad boy of hockey–I'm confident I can find someone to play Mrs. Taylor Savage for a year.

Like Becca Barnes. The one who got away. Too bad she hates me. But that's why she’s perfect for this arrangement.

My contract is dissolved. She gets the bakery of her dreams.

Win-Win.

She just has to live with me and pretend she loves me in public for a year. No strings. No touching (unless there’s a camera). No messy heartbreak.

It’s sure to be a challenge because with the way I crave her, keeping my hands to myself might be harder than I planned.

But I can handle this. Being married to her will be easy. As long as I don't fall in love with her along the way.


Thank you to Kim Loraine, and Candi Kane PR, for providing me with an advanced copy of The Marriage Arrangement.

Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!