Friday, November 11, 2022

The Faceoff by Cali Melle {a review}

He tastes like a bad decision and that's exactly why he's in my tent right now...
She tastes like the worst decision I've ever made and I know there will be hell to pay for it.

The Faceoff by Cali Melle is the fourth book in the Wyncote Wolves series. This college romance is hate to love, enemies to lovers, grumpy/sunshine, and of course sports romance. What started as a one night stand is about to evolve into something that looks a lot like forever. That is if Hayden and Eden can get over their issues.

My rating for The Faceoff:



Ever since Hayden burst on to the Wyncote campus, he's had my attention. I could not wait to find out who he was, his history, and find out who he would fall for. I immediately knew that he was going to fall hard once the right person walked into his life. Eden is the perfect fit for him.

Loved this line in the book:
When guards are let down and the ice around our hearts melts, how do we fight the fire that burns between us?

I KNEW that Hayden's story was going to be one of my favorites, and turns out I was correct.

  • The meet cute was good.
  • The reintroduction was better.
  • Loved the banter.
  • The hate to love was fantastic.
  • Absolutely loved how these two fell for each other when they were both so firmly against relationships.
  • The conflict/drama was not what I was expecting, but it really was perfect.
  • These two are my favorite couple of the series!
I loved how both of them eventually lowered their masks. They finally got to a place where that honesty, and openness was necessary for their relationship to push forward.

Cali Melle has created this amazing family within the Wyncote Wolves organization. I cannot wait for the next two books to see how these characters continue to grow, find love, and ultimately find themselves.

If you are someone who enjoys college romances and/or sports romances, then go pick up The Faceoff. Figure skater + hockey player + hate to love = wonderfulness.

Happy Reading,
Laura


Eden

After experiencing a nasty break-up during my freshman year, there is one type of guy that I refuse to get involved with.

Anyone from the university’s hockey team.

Hayden King is arrogant, cocky, has a reputation for being a playboy and there isn’t a single thing about him that I like.

One drunken summer night turns into a bad decision with Hayden. One that I swear that I’ll never make again.

But once senior year starts, I can’t seem to get away from him. He’s everywhere I go, everywhere I turn.

He’s under my skin and I find myself making mistake after mistake with him.

We better learn from our mistakes before our hearts get involved…

Hayden

Eden Finley is as cold as the ice that she skates on.

She’s the best figure skater at Wyncote University and I don’t know how I missed her when I first came here.

After one night with her over the summer, I can’t get her out of my head.

She has a chip on her shoulder, a nasty attitude and she hates my guts.

Which all only makes her more appealing.

I live for the chase, for the challenge.

And Eden Finley has no idea what she’s gotten herself into….




Thank you Cali Melle, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced copy of The Faceoff.

Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!