Tuesday, November 15, 2022

This Life and All The Rest by Brit Benson {a review}


She's heaven and she's hell. She's my reward and my punishment. She'll ruin me again. I know it.

Brit Benson broke my heart with how The Love of my Next Life ended. Then came the wait for This Life and All the Rest. Lennon and Macon's story stuck with me, and I had to know how their story ended. So when I received an advanced copy of This Life and All the Rest I immediately dove in. From the moment I picked it up, I struggled to put it down. There were so many emotions packed in this book. There was 4 years of untold happenings waiting to be brought up.


I'm going to be intentionally vague on a lot of happenings in this book, as it is a continuation of the first. So please bare with me on that. If you want me to expand on anything, drop me an email
There's a content/trigger warning I want to mention, but it's also a spoiler. So I'm conflicted on that. Is it enough to mention it just being a content/trigger warning without going into specifics? I'm going with yes.


This was a spectacular conclusion to Lennon and Macon's story! The secrets that were revealed. The truths that were spoken. The friendships that were made. The friendships that were broken. The hearts that had been broken being healed. It was all so damn wonderful.

Book one broke my heart. Book two continued with the heartache, and thankfully by the end healing was happening.

Everything Lennon went through during her separation with Macon (and her family) was intense. The heartache and pain were radiating off of her, and she was trying to heal however she could. Thankfully she had Sam by her side when needed whether by phone or in person.

Macon's life hasn't exactly been easy since Lennon went to London, but he's definitely turned a corner. Yes he's still upset with Lennon, and he doesn't understand the reasons she's done what she's done.

Everything is about to be revealed. What Lennon experienced. What Macon went through. What happened with their separation. All of it. All of that is being told while we also have the other storyline happening. After all there is a reason Lennon has returned to town. (that storyline may have had me shed a few tears)

Absolutely loved this duet. Brit Benson wrote an incredible story, created these characters who haven't had the easiest lives, and found away to bring them together for an emotional love story.

I need Sam to have her story told immediately. It's only fair! Plus I can't wait to see who she ends up with.

Go read this duet. It is one of my favorite duets of the year. Hands down. I hope you'll pick it up.

Happy Reading,
Laura




She thinks our story is over.
It’s just beginning.


Lennon Washington has been the star of every dream, every nightmare, since the day I lost her.

Since the moment I let my demons win, and she slipped through my fingers.

Her memory has haunted me.
Changed me.
Broken me and remade me.
And I’d all but given up on us.

Now tragedy has brought her back into my life.
My secrets are at her disposal,
Hers are unraveling quickly,
And every emotion we’ve tried to deny is returning with a vengeance.

But we’re not kids anymore.
We have changed drastically.
And with each new ache, I start to wonder,

Is there a place for us in this life,
Or will we have to try again in the next one?




Thank you Brit Benson, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced copy of This Life and All The Rest.

Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!