Thursday, December 1, 2022

Dashing Through The Snow book tag {Bookmas}



I am once again participating in BOOKMAS! So you can expect a non-review post each weekday leading up to Christmas. Then starting December 25 through January 5, I will be posting the 12 days of Christmas tag. To me it sounds like the perfect way to end 2022. There will still be review posts going up, but these non-review posts are just for fun, and also a way to recap the year.

Let's start BOOKMAS off with a book tag! I found this Dashing Through the Snow tag over on ZeZee with Books blog (courtesy of a google search), and according to ZeZee this tag comes from Astra at A Stranger's Guide to Novels.

When I read the questions for this book tag, I knew I had to participate. Without further ado, here are my answers.


NAME A BOOK YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE UNDER YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE.

Just one? No, that won't do. More like name a series you'd like to see under your tree...

The Pucked series by Helena Hunting.

More specifically the special edition version.

Although the Southern series special edition would be fabulous also. Just LOOK AT THESE COVERS!!
Yes, I know I own the original covers, but these just SCREAM quaint southern town.



A BOOK YOU’LL BE READING DURING THE CHRISTMAS SEASON.

I'm not 100% certain yet. I just peeked at my review calendar, and it's pretty light. So no "required" reading comes to mind. But I'll pick something off my kindle. We all know there's plenty on there waiting to be read!


FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE.



I absolutely adore The Santa Clause trilogy and am excited to check out the new series on Disney+! I think I am even more excited about the fact that Bernard is back. I missed him in The Santa Clause 3.



DO YOU LIKE SNOW?

Yes and no.

As a lifelong Minnesotan, with no plans to move to another state, I feel like the answer should be yes.

Do I think snow is pretty? Oh absolutely! Especially when it looks like a snow globe.

Do I like to go out in the snow? Eh, not really. I'd rather stay inside. 

Do I like to drive in the snow? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I've driven in near white out conditions, and do not recommend one bit. Plus there's black ice, and it's no fun to have your car go around in a circle. Especially not on a freeway. Believe me, I've done that.

Do my kids like the snow, and playing in it? YEP. So their joy makes it a little more tolerable.



NAME A CHARACTER YOU WOULD LIKE TO SPEND YOUR CHRISTMAS DAY WITH.


The Barnes family from Natasha Madison's Southern series! That's right, I'm choosing the whole family. I mean my primary focus is on Billy and Charlotte, because I adore them. I know their Christmas day is chaotic with all their kids and grandkids, and that makes me want to be there even more.





TO GIVE OR RECEIVE?

I'm a giver. 100%. I love to see the reactions of my family when they open their gifts.


WHAT FICTIONAL PLACE WOULD YOU LIKE TO SPEND CHRISTMAS AT?

Well if I'm with the Barnes family, I'd be in small town Texas. So I'll stick with that.

Although visiting Ravenscroft University, Oaks North Carolina, and/or Folkestone California would be enjoyable as well.


FONDEST CHRISTMAS MEMORY?

Christmas at my childhood home with my paternal grandparents, and my uncle. Those years were the best. Even more so when my aunt and my cousins could attend. My Aunt was in the military, so they moved around quite a bit, and weren't always able to be in Minnesota for the holiday. I was thrilled when they were finally able to move back. I didn't have many Christmases with my grandpa, but the ones I did, I cherish. It was always fun to spend time with him. I remember how much my Grandma did not like having her picture taken, so we would always try to be sneaky. (of course she caught us) Then there is my Uncle, and I remember how much he enjoyed peanut brittle. I would always make sure to get him that as a gift.


CAN YOU SAY “CHRISTMAS TREE” TEN TIMES FAST IN A ROW (PRONOUNCING IT CORRECTLY)?

Yes I can. As long as I'm focusing. The minute I get distracted, I'm done for.






Please note:
I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.
Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.
Thank you!