Thursday, December 1, 2022

One Little Favor by Julia Connors {a review}


She is everything I didn't know I needed, and I'll stop at nothing to make her mine.

One Little Favor by Julia Connors releases on December 2, 2022! This holiday novella is part of the Frozen Hearts series, and I adored this story. We first met Tom and Avery in One Last Shot, and I was hoping that we would get a peek at their relationship. Now here we are, and we're getting all the info. It's Christmastime, and after a phone call with his brother, Tom is in need of a favor. Naturally he turns to Avery, and thus begins their romance.

My rating for One Little Favor:


If you know me at all, you know that I love a good Hallmark Christmas movie. There is something about those romances that just warm my heart, and have me falling. One Little Favor was a steamier version of a Hallmark movie, and I loved every moment of it. From the forbidden workplace aspect, to the fake dating, to realizing that the feelings are not unrequited, it was all just so good. Then there was that situation with a coworker, and ooh the drama! Gotta love those moments of tension, drama, conflict in a romance story. It just has me rooting for the characters even harder.

Aside from the budding relationship with Tom, there's the relationship that Avery has with her parents, and that just made me so happy. I love that bond they have, and how they are a constant in each others lives. Then what Tom did for Christmas, that just won me over even more. That man was willing to do anything for Avery.

One Little Favor may be a novella, but by the end you'll feel as though you really know the characters. 

I must admit that I am falling for Julia's writing, and her characters. I cannot wait to see what Julia writes next. Once it's announced I'll be adding it to my TBR, I know that for certain.

If you are looking for a Christmas romance novella to read in December, then check out One Little Favor. You don't need to read any of the other books in the Frozen Hearts series to enjoy this one. (but if you do want to go back and read the series, the books are worth it.)

Happy Reading,
Laura




This is teeing up to be the worst Christmas ever.

First, my parents win a last-minute cruise and ditch me for the white sand beaches of the Caribbean.

Then, my annoyingly sexy boss, Tom, needs one *little* favor—in the form of sacrificing my entire weekend to help him revamp his office space. Now I’m forced to spend the last days before Christmas with the very person I’m trying to avoid.

Some sort of holiday spirit must be in the air, though, because the more time we spend holed up in his corner office together, the harder it becomes to keep our emotions off and our clothes on.

I may have also agreed to be his fake girlfriend, but that part’s unclear. Mostly because nothing that’s developing between us in that office feels fake.

Then he springs a surprise getaway on me—effectively making all my Christmas dreams come true—and suddenly it’s impossible to remember all the reasons getting involved with my boss is a terrible idea.

But no matter how hard he tries to convince me this can work between us, when reality hits, only one of us stands to lose everything. And it isn’t him.




Julia, thank you for providing me with an advanced copy of One Little Favor.

Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!