Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Sneaking Around with the Player by Rebecca Jenshak {a review}


If it's the right person, you shouldn't want to choke them for their annoying, quirky habits, right?


Sneaking Around with the Player is the all new holiday romance from Rebecca Jenshak! This college romance features the following tropes: forbidden, mistaken identity, close proximity, and it's also a sports romance (football & diving).

We first meet Stella and Beau when they run into each other at the airport. Both are heading back to their respective schools, and Stella is trying to avoid her ex. So what does she do? Strike up a conversation with the cute guy sitting near her. It helps that he's watching a video she's familiar with, so they instantly have something to talk about. The attraction is instant, they share numbers, and then Stella's off. It isn't until a while later that it's discovered that Stella is crushing on her brother's frival.




I adored this book. When it ended, I found myself wanting more! It felt too short and I'm not ready to be done with this couple.

A few random thoughts:
  • Absolutely loved the meet cute.
  • Loved that their relationship began through text.
  • The fact that Beau is Felix's rival on the football field had me loving that part of the story.
  • Also that grand gesture? YES!
  • Stella wasn't willing to let that stop her though. Her feelings were solid, and she knew that Beau was who she wanted. Stella was going to battle to make it happen.

Rebecca Jenshak continues to pull me in with her stories, and I keep falling for her characters. She is quickly becoming an auto-buy (and auto-read) author for me. I cannot wait for her next release (which I know is from the Wildcat hockey series), and I am eagerly anticipating Felix's story. Do I know when Felix's story is coming out? No. Do I know the title? Also no. Am I still excited? YEP.

Have you read any of Rebecca Jenshak's books? She's written many, and I feel like there is something for everyone. Her Campus Nights series was one that I really enjoyed, plus it spawned the Wildcat Hockey series, so there's that.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts on this book. I do hope you'll check it out.

Happy Reading,
Laura



It was supposed to be a quick conversation with a cute boy at the airport while I dodged my ex and his new girlfriend.

We weren’t supposed to trade numbers.

He wasn’t supposed to be a football player.

And I definitely wasn’t supposed to fall for him since he’s attending a college a thousand miles away.

I saw past his jersey. And he saw past my last name.

Now it’s semester break, and by some Christmas miracle, he’s going to be close. So close.

I want to meet him again, but there’s just one problem.

My older brother can’t, under any circumstances, find out I’m dating his rival.



Thank you Rebecca Jenshak, and Valentine PR, for providing me with an advanced copy of Sneaking Around with the Player.

Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!