Tuesday, December 6, 2022

The 5 Duets I Read in 2022 {Bookmas}


Hello Bookmas Day 4! Today I am sharing the 5 duets that I read in 2022. 

All five shared two things: 1) I could not put them down, and 2) I whined when the cliffhanger happened. The cliffhangers in these books were torturous, but I survived. Obviously. 

There was one duet where I had to wait about 5 months for the second book, but the wait was 100% worth it. The author gave me everything I could have wanted in that second half of the story.

What were the 5 duets? Thank you for asking, I'd love to tell you. 


1) The Devereaux Duet

by Sadie Rose
Main Characters: Olivia and Roman
Tropes: Age Gap, Billionaire, Workplace
Rating: 4 Stars
Review: 1 2


Fresh out of college, Olivia Monroe has a new apartment and a new job living in San Francisco with her best friend. Hoping for a fresh start drama free, Olivia has a chance encounter with an attractive stranger who turns out to be more than she bargained for.

Now her fresh start is becoming more precarious by the day as she navigates work, love, and a secret she intends to keep.


2) Scoring to Win 

by Maren Moore
Main Characters: Graham and Emery
Tropes: Best Friend's Sibling, Hate to Love, Sports, Surprise Pregnancy, Fake Relationship
Rating: 4 Stars
Review: 1 2

Pretending to be married to my brother’s best friend and my biggest enemy is the last thing I imagined I’d be doing.

But there was a thin line between lust and hate, and when I fell into bed with the NHL’s rookie playboy, I found out just how easy that line got blurred.

We were enemies with benefits, but then two pink lines changed itall.

Now he was bringing me back home to his family’s farm and faking it became real… in moreways than one.

He was meant to be the enemy but falling for him meant letting him win.

The Scorecard
Graham: 1
Me: 0


3) Love Duet

by Xavier Neal
Main Characters: Ryder and Presley
Tropes: Second Chance, Angst, Slow Burn, Opposites Attract
Rating: 4 Stars
Review: 1 2


Ryder Collins wasn't always this broken.
This bitter.
This miserable.

Once upon a time he was whole.
Happy.
Excited for what his future held.

So, what happened?

His soulmate walked out of his life.

Forever.


4) Sons of Sin: Maddox Masters

by Nola Marie
Main Characters: Maddox and Quinn
Tropes: Rockstar, Dark, Broken Hero, Tragic
Rating: 4 Stars
Review: 1 2

I'm tired.
Tired of the spotlight. Tired of fighting my demons. The guilt and shame have become too heavy to continue.
It's time for me to go. Though my grip slips more each day, I need to hold on just a little longer. I need them to know the truth. That this fight was never theirs. My soul mate. My brother. My protector. And her. My Canary, my heart. My lullaby with whiskey eyes.
I love you with all that's within me. I just wish I had more than darkness to offer.

This road has been long and winding
And I’m too tired to go on
Pain and sorrow have haunted me
Guilt and regret fill my mind
I can’t go on, I can’t keep fighting
This is my goodbye but it’s only for a little while
You were the one who kept me afloat
For you have I tried to keep breathing
But these ghosts haunt my soul and mind
This may be my last note
But from you, I’ll never be far
This is goodbye but it’s only for a little while
It won’t be long now but don’t shed a tear
Don’t cry for me or mourn my name
Cause I will always be with you
Even after I’m gone
My last song is goodbye but it’s only for a little while


5) Next Life

by Brit Benson
Main Characters: Lennon and Macon
Tropes: Best Friend's Sibling, Forbidden, Enemies to Lovers, Second Chance
Rating: 4.5 Stars
Review: 1 2

I calmed his demons.
He created mine.


Macon Davis.
My best friend’s brother.
My tormentor.
My least favorite person.
Pothead. Delinquent.
A careless, directionless loser.

That’s what I used to believe,
but I didn’t really know him.
And when I finally saw him,
it was the best and worst thing to ever happen to me.

We burned hot and fast.
Passion. Anger. Love. Pain.
We were reckless. Naive.
We were doomed from the start.

When I finally saw Macon Davis for who he was, we both went down in the flames.





All five of these duets appealed to me for different reasons. I loved the stories, the characters were enjoyable, the settings were good, all of that combined with the conflict/drama/tension that they had to deal with just called to me. Seeing how they handled everything that life threw at them, and having their person by their side in the good times and bad will never get old. 

Have you read any of these? I've linked my reviews for all of them. Some will keep you here on my blog, and some will take you to goodreads. No matter what though, I hope you'll consider checking out one, two, or all five. 

Oh, with regards to Maddox Masters...His story is the fifth and sixth book in the Sons of Sin series. While you don't NEED to read the previous books, I recommend that you do, as it will give you a better understanding of Maddox, his relationship with his bandmates, and how he copes with the pain. His story catches you up on a lot, shows his current day situation, and tells how he overcomes his pain, while finding a plan for the future. 

What duets did you read in 2022? Any recommendations?

Happy Reading,
Laura


Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!