Tuesday, February 7, 2023

5 Football Romance Series You Should Read


With the "Big Game" quickly approaching, now is the perfect time to read some football romances!

If you know me at all, you know football isn't my first choice for sports romances. However I do still read them, and I have 5 series that I think you should read! You know, if you haven't already. I also want to mention that the majority of these recommendations do not have cliffhangers. I love a good standalone series where each book focuses on a different couple! That being said, the Vegas Aces series is full of cliffhangers! Prepare yourself for that because they leave you wanting. But also loving the characters.


The Playbook by Alexa Martin

Number of books: 4
Released: 2018-2020

Now I'm sure most people have read this series. If not though, I highly suggest you do! This series focuses on four different relationships. It's the meet cute, it's the adjusting to dating a professional athlete, it's the drama that ensues, the heartache, the reunion, and the ultimate fall. Each book gives you a happily ever after, and I loved all of them.


Raleigh Raptors by Samantha Whiskey

Number of Books: 3
Released: 2020

Samantha Whiskey writes some wonderful sports romances. I fell for her hockey romance series, and when the Raleigh Raptors came out, I immediately read them. Now full disclosure; Nixon wasn't my favorite. I struggled with the storyline big time. I didn't vibe with Liberty at all, so that played a big part in it all. Roman and Hendrix though, loved those two stories. I am holding out hope that Samantha Whiskey will return with another addition to the series. That being said it has been over 2 years since Hendrix released, so I'm a little doubtful.


Denver Mountain Lions by Emily Silver

Number of books: 5
Released: 2022

This series features so many different tropes! From friends to lovers, to forbidden, to second chance romance, to enemies to lovers, to age gap, there is something for everyone. I fell hard for some of these players, as well as Emily Silver's storytelling. I cannot wait to read more from her. 


Kingsmen Football Stars by Piper Rayne

Number of books: 2.5
Released: 2022-present 

It's no secret that I'm a fan of Piper Rayne's small town romances. So when I heard about them branching off into football, I knew I'd have to give it a read. So far I've read the prequel, as well as You Had Your Chance, Lee Burrows. I will be reading Brady's story yet this month, and I cannot wait to dive into that single dad and the nanny romance. With Piper Rayne's books, you'll get a wonderful story, a bit of drama, a good dose of steam, and a happily ever after. You may also find yourself hoping other characters will get their story told.


Vegas Aces by Lisa Suzanne

Number of seasons: 4
Number of books: 20 (5 per season)
Released: 2021-present
In 2021 I read the first two seasons of the Vegas Aces, and I was hooked. Now here's the thing, you're going to want to read these books in order. You learn things in season one that carry over to season two, and then onto season three. I will say season four is a bit different, but it still helps to have the knowledge of previous seasons in your head. Luke Dalton kicks things off with his story, and our introduction to Ellie is one you won't forget. Jack Dalton is up next, and I went from hating this man to falling for him. Ben Olson is featured in season 3, and that was by far my favorite season. Tristan Higgans is up in season 4, and a familiar face appears (and attempts to mess things up). One thing I love about these seasons is that there is always a villain you love to hate. Each season has at least one, and I'm here for it. I cannot wait to see who the villain is in season 5. (and yes, season 5 is happening later in 2023.) Prepare yourself to swoon, laugh, cry, and want to throw your kindle.


There was one other series that I wanted to recommend, but I really wanted to keep my list at 5. So instead I'll list it as a bonus recommendation. That series is The Lone Stars by Katie Graykowski. There are seven books in this series, and I enjoyed so many of them. I remember tearing up at a few, swooning over a couple, and falling hard for a few players. If you're looking for a lesser known series, then check that one out too. The first book was published in 2013, and the last in 2021. The first six are offered with Kindle Unlimited, so if you have a KU subscription consider downloading one of the titles.

Have you read any of these series? Do you have any recommendations for me? I'm always up for another sports romance to read.

Happy Reading,
Laura




Please note:
I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.
Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.
Thank you!