Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Thoughts I Had While Reading Final Offer

If you haven't heard the final book in Lauren Asher's Dreamland Billionaires series is now available! Final Offer tells the story of Callahan (Cal) Kane, and takes us on the journey of Cal making his Grandpa's final wishes happen. Of course it takes Cal back to the small town he ran from years ago, and has him returning to Lana's life. This small town, hate to love, second chance romance is going to be interesting. I don't think this happily ever after is going to be easy to accomplish.


As I did with Princess of Hawthorne Prep, I figured I would jot down my thoughts as I read the book. So if you're curious, please keep on reading. I don't think I'm giving any spoilers, but if I did, I apologize. Also if you want to read my full review, it is posted over on Goodreads.

Thanks for reading,
Laura





  • Well that was an interesting start to the story!

  • Loved how Lana put him in his place right away, and kicked him out.

  • Wonder what Grandpa Kane is up to with having Cal return to the lake house? I also wonder what his letter to Cal said.

  • Ugh I was hoping that Cal was in recovery, but based on what went down at the hotel that isn't the case. It's only a matter of time before he gets into trouble, and/or someone gets hurt.

  • That meeting with the lawyer was kind of eye opening. I wonder why that clause was put in?

  • I wonder WHY Cal has to sell the lake house. That part isn't 100% clear, or at least not to me.

  • Oofta this small town has it out for Cal. I'm not liking that one bit. Why doesn't Lana tell them to knock it off?

  • Those words that Declan spoke clearly struck a cord. Which they definitely should have.

  • Cal showing interest during that board meeting caught my attention. He clearly is interested in the company! He just downplays it because that is what is expected. It's almost as though he wants to be underestimated by others.

  • Oooh Cal's dad is the worst. He is out to hurt his son with his words, and it shows. Yet at the same time it seems like Cal is taking after him a bit.

  • Loving the fact that Lana has a plan in place to push off the sale of the house.

  • Cal isn't making it easy on her one bit, and is determined to get the job done at all costs.

  • Ahhh! Cami's birthday party! So cute, and dang that's a large party!

  • That's quite the trip he's just offered! I wonder what other things he has up his sleeve.

  • OH THAT'S WHAT IT IS! Dang he spent a lot to make this happen.

  • Loving the family reunion! I am glad the brothers are able to all get together with their busy schedules. Plus the women are meshing perfectly together. 

  • Also I am proud of Cal for setting up rehab for himself, and hoping this time is when it clicks for him.

  • I feel like drama/conflict is about to happen.

  • OH NO! She shouldn't have found out like that! Poor Lana!

  • Oooh that fight was a doozy. I don't blame Lana for saying what she did. At the same time she should have listened before reacting. (in my opinion of course)

  • Rehab is going to be good for Cal, I just know it.
 
  • Well I did not see THAT person walking into the AA meeting! Still an ass, and is clearly only thinking of himself.

  • Glad to see Rowan made the call with the offer that he did.

  • So how is Cal going to fix all this? It seems like the odds are stacked against him.

  • Okay I'm liking this solution. I see what's happening and I approve. Swoon!

  • That board meeting was interesting. I also enjoyed what Cal had been up to behind the scenes. Underestimated as always, until he shows people that he knows what he's doing.

  • That meeting with the lawyer!!! OH MY WORD! So that just happened. It feels good to see that outcome. 

  • Now that the book is over, I'm not certain what to think. I'm conflicted. On one hand I enjoyed a good portion of it. On the other I'm not sold on this couple. There are so many issues that need to be worked out. I still don't like how the addiction storyline was handled. Plus Lana didn't always it right with me. She was combative and always throwing the past, as well as his addiction, in Cal's face. Then there's the fact that Cal threw money around like it was nothing. Which I get it he has $25 billion, but dang! My mind just cannot wrap around the fact that he just spent like he did.



Please note:
I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.
Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.
Thank you!