Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Cupid Book Tag


Happy Hallmark holiday! The Cupid book tag seemed like the perfect option for today.  I found this through Heather at Bookables, and I figured why not share my answers.

So here are my responses to the questions. I'd love to hear how you would answer them.

Happy Reading,
Laura



What's the perfect candy to eat while reading?
Starburst Jelly Beans immediately came to mind. They are my absolute favorite. In all honesty though I don't eat while reading.

What's a song that reminds you of your favorite romance (or just your favorite romantic song in general)?
We'll go with some of my favorite romantic songs.
Love of my Life by Harry Styles
I Guess I'm in Love by Citizen Kane
Black and White by Niall Horan
18 by One Direction
Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk

If you were to go on a perfect reading date, where would it be? it could be somewhere across the world.
Ooh the bookstore date in A Complete Game by Aven Ellis. Yes, that is what I would like.

What's the best friendship you've read in a book?
The characters that came to mind immediately were Stella and Sunday, along with their guys Poe and Payne. That's right, the quartet from Folkestone Sins would be my answer.

A VERY close second would be the guys from the Dallas Oilers hockey team that is featured in the Only One and Made For series by Natasha Madison. The bromance these men have going is one of my favorites. Yes some of the guys are family, but it doesn't change my opinion. 

Create the perfect bouquet for your favorite book or character.
Oofta that's a difficult one. I could see Matt making Holly a bouquet with planner supplies. After all planners are one of her passions. So washi tape, stickers, good pens, and so forth. Yep, that's what I'll go with.

What romance do you not necessarily need a whole sequel for, you just want to check in on them and make sure everything is going well?
Um, this is what I want with almost every series that I finish. Right now my mind goes to the guys from the Boston Hawks hockey team. I just want to see how they are all doing, find out if they're still with the team, have they been traded, did they retire, etc. So Gina Azzi, I need an update, please.

What date in a book (or movie!) do you wish you could go on yourself?
Well there was the date that took place in Out of Play by Aven Ellis. Dinner was in Paris, and then they were back to London for an event. Is it over the top? Abso-freaking-lutely. Is it a realistic date? HAHAHA NO. But a woman can dream.

What is your favorite nickname from a romance?
They've all been pretty basic. Although I did really like Dollface in Unexpected Love Story by Natasha Madison!


What are your most anticipated romances of 2023? 
I'm not sure we're ready for this conversation, so I'll just list a few that are releasing in the next few months.
Bad Boy's Downfall by Gina Azzi
Wounded Things by Samantha Lovelock
Pool of Tears by Samantha Lovelock
The Owner by Xavier Neal
Curveball by Lisa Suzanne (actually this entire series)
Made for Us by Natasha Madison
The Edge of Forgiveness by Kristin Turnage
The Problem with Second Chances by Piper Rayne


Please note:
I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.
Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.
Thank you!