Thursday, March 2, 2023

I Need These Books Immediately!


Happy March! Welcome to the third chapter of 2023. Those first two were interesting, so let's see how this one comes together.

One of my favorite things about a new month is all the new books that get released. There are so many to choose from, so many to add to my TBR, and so many authors to fangirl over. This month there are 12 books on my anticipated reads list. Two of them are POSSIBLY being released in March, as in they have March release dates on Amazon, but I haven't heard any updates from the author. So time will tell.

Last month the majority of my list was sports romance, and honestly March isn't looking too different. Eight of them are sports romance. I can't help it. Sports romance is just where my heart gravitates towards.

What is on your anticipated reads list for this month? Any books that you feel you absolutely MUST READ? Even if they're not new releases, let me know! Keep scrolling to see the books I can't wait to get my hands on. You may notice that a couple don't have book covers, and one doesn't have a link, that's because that info isn't out there yet. Once it is though I'll share it to my Facebook page. Make sure to follow me there.

Happy Reading,
Laura

Note: I have read a few of these already as I received advanced copies of them for review. I'm keeping them on my list though for others to get excited about. (and believe me, I'm still excited!)



Bad Boy's Downfall by Gina Azzi

Series: Tennessee Thunderbolts
Tropes: Hockey Romance, Surprise Pregnancy, Teammate's Daughter

Do you know how long I've been waiting for this book? Well I'll tell you. I've been waiting since July 2022. Why? The heroine in this book is Brawler's daughter. Yep, Lola is falling for one of her dad's teammates. I cannot wait to see what happens, how Brawler reacts, what sort of impact this has on the team, and of course how our couple finds their happily ever after. I'm so ready.

Curveball by Lisa Suzanne

Series: Vegas Heat
Tropes: Baseball Romance, Forced Proximity, Insta-Love, Best Friend's Daughter, Age Gap, Secret Relationship

Lisa Suzanne pulls me in with her sports romances. She just does. The Vegas Heat series is all about Cooper Noah, his return to professional ball, and falling in love with a woman he shouldn't. You know because it's his good friend's daughter. 


Fastball by Lisa Suzanne

Series: Vegas Heat
Tropes: Baseball Romance, Forced Proximity, Insta-Love, Best Friend's Daughter, Age Gap, Secret Relationship

It's the second book! Book 1 ends with a cliffhanger, so I need this one! I need to know what happens with Cooper and Gabby! (and yes all those exclamation marks are necessary.)


Flyball by Lisa Suzanne

Series: Vegas Heat
Tropes: Baseball Romance, Forced Proximity, Insta-Love, Best Friend's Daughter, Age Gap, Secret Relationship

It's the third book! Book 2 ends with a cliffhanger as well, so I need this one! I'm fully invested now.

Almost Goodbye by Nola Marie

Series: n/a
Tropes: Forbidden

What do I know about this book? That it's by Nola, and it's supposedly a forbidden romance. That's it. That's all I know. Why did this mystery book make my list? It's Nola. It's her writing, her characters, and I know I will be on the edge of my seat.


Devious Obsession by S Massery 

Series: n/a
Tropes: Bully, Hockey Romance, Dark, Enemies to Lovers, Hate to Love, Forbidden

The moment that Sara announced this next installment of this unnamed series, I knew I had to read it. Steele caught my attention in Brutal Obsession, so let's see what his story brings. The only thing that I might struggle with is the stepsibling portion of all of this. We'll see though. We'll see.


The Wrong Pitch by Brittany Taylor

Series: Northeast Rebels
Tropes: Baseball Romance, Enemies to Lovers, Forced Proximity, Opposites Attract, Roommates to Lovers, Hate to Love, College

Oh look at that, it's another baseball romance! Except this time it's set in college. I only know what the blurb tells me, and I'm okay with that. I was going to say that it features one of my favorite tropes, but it doesn't say that her brother is best friends with Hunter, so I can't say it fits that trope. Oh well, I know I'll still enjoy it.


Never Too Late by Rue Lennox

Series: Birch Harbor: Damaged Heroes
Tropes: Police Romance, Second Chance, Suspense

It's a book by Rue. That's all I can say. Rue's storytelling, as well as her characters, have pulled me in from day one. So if there's a chance to return to Birch Harbor I'm jumping at the chance. Plus I can't wait to see what sort of suspense she writes in this time!

Groundball by Lisa Suzanne

Series: Vegas Heat
Tropes: Baseball Romance, Forced Proximity, Insta-Love, Best Friend's Daughter, Age Gap, Secret Relationship

That third book ended with another cliffhanger! The suspense is real. The drama is increasing, and I NEED THAT HAPPILY EVER AFTER. Too bad I have to wait until April for that to happen.


How to Win the Girl by Sara Ney**

Series: Campus Legends
Tropes: College Romance, Sports Romance, Fake Relationship, Opposites Attract    

It's Drake Colter's turn to find love, and I'm curious as to how it's going to happen. I'm curious who the heroine is. Did we already meet her in the first book? I just hope it's not one of the ladies from next door. Ugh, that can't happen. Also, Sara hasn't said much about this book. So I'm in the dark.

How to Win the Girl has been moved to an April release date. So look for this book to appear again on that anticipated releases list.

Potentials for this month:

The Sky At Night by Samantha Lovelock

Series: n/a
Tropes: Rockstar Romance

Sam has been working on this book for a bit now, and Amazon says March 1st. That being said Sam hasn't given an official date yet. So this rockstar romance (which is all I really know about the book) could come out this month or maybe it will get pushed. Time will tell. Oh, I also know that a familiar face from the Folkestone series makes an appearance. That tidbit of information has my brain going because I love that series.


Wounded Things by Samantha Lovelock**

Series: Folkestone Sins
Tropes: Bully Romance, New Adult, Suspense,

Speaking of Folkestone Sins...Wounded Things is the fifth, and final, book in the series. We are going to find out how all of this wraps up. Amazon has the date set to March 30, but until I hear it directly from the author I'm going to rein in my excitement. I have been WAITING on this story! But the fact that Sam is taking her time tells me my wait is going to be worth it. She's treating the characters, and the town, right. I trust that. 

Wounded Things has been shifted to a late April release date, so look for this to appear on my April list.




Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!