Friday, March 10, 2023

Book Recommendation Tag



As I was scrolling through booktube, I came across a video from Novel Life. They were doing a new book tag called Book Recommendations. As I watched the video I liked what I was seeing, and then went to watch the video from the person who originated the tag. Steph Bohrer's video was also really good. I loved all the different books both of these individuals recommended. Have I read a lot of those books? No, but I still wrote down some titles to check out.

After watching both of those videos, I decided to bring the tag here to my blog.  I'd love to know how you would answer these questions. Especially since I am always open to new books recommendations.

Happy Reading,
Laura




1. A book you tell people is your favorite 

I would honestly tell them my favorite duet, which is All the Kings Men by Kennedy Ryan. This book has it all: wonderful storytelling, interesting characters, a plot that holds your attention, suspenseful moments, and it's Kennedy Ryan. You can never go wrong with recommending a Kennedy Ryan book.


2. A book that is your guilty pleasure 

I didn't even have to stop and think about this. It's Pucked by Helena Hunting. I love the humor in this book, and Violet may just be one of my favorite characters that Helena has created. 


3. A book everyone loved but you didn't 

Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall. There are so many people that compare this book to Red, White and Royal Blue and just rave about it. I DNF'd this book. It was nothing like RWRB. Plus it was so slow moving. 


4. A book you read the fastest 

That could be just about any book as I read fairly quickly. The most recent book that I read in a single sitting was Flyball by Lisa Suzanne. Flyball is the third book in the Vegas Heat series, and I had to know what happened next for Gabby and Cooper.


5. A book that deserves more hype 

Again this could be the majority of the books I read. Or at least it feels that way. That being said I had two books that popped into my mind. One was The Edge of Happiness by Kristin Turnage. I adore this small town new adult romance. It brings the emotions, the romance, the friendship, and I cannot get enough.



The other book is Fragile Things by Samantha Lovelock. It is also new adult, has small town vibes, but features extremely weathly characters who have some things going down in their town. It's a wild ride.


6. A book that is becoming a movie/tv show

ACOTAR! Hands down that is the one I am most excited about. I will have to sign up for Hulu so I can watch it.  


7. A book you have reread the most 

I'm not someone who really rereads, but Everyone's A Aliebn When UR A Aliebn Too by Jomny Sun is my exception. It's a cute quick read that also can pack an emotional punch if you're not ready for it.


8. A book from a genre you don’t typically read 

I used to read a lot of christian fiction. A lot. So when I read this question I glanced at my bookshelf and spotted the If I Run trilogy from Terri Blackstock. I remember it being a really good story. The suspense was amazing. I binge read this series.


9. A book that deserves all the hype it gets 

Grip by Kennedy Ryan. I have not heard one person say anything negative about this trilogy. Rightfully so because it is amazing.


10. A book you usually recommend when asked to give a recommendation 

Oooh this is a good question. First I have to ask some questions to base my recommendations upon. My "safe" recommendations are the Southern Series by Natasha Madison, the Modern Royals series by Aven Ellis, of course Kennedy Ryan books, The Edge series by Kristin Turnage, and Folkestone Sins by Samantha Lovelock.  

Next level recommendations include Brutal Obsession and Devious Obsession by S Massery, Sterling Falls series by S Massery, The Mate Games by K Loraine and Meg Anne, Camelot Misfits MC by Xavier Neal, and the Sin series by Aleatha Romig.

11. A book that has your favorite character(s)

I don't choose favorites around here. That being said I did write a post about 5 of my favorites. So I'll defer to that.

12. A book you wish you could live in 

This is easy for me, well kind of. There are two book worlds I want to exist in. The first is the Southern Series by Natasha Madison. I just want these people to be my family. I'll settle for friendship though.


The second is The Edge series by Kristin Turnage that takes place in Oaks North Carolina. I love the setting. I love the characters. I just want to be part of their world. And maybe part of their friend group. 


13. A book you thought you would hate but ended up loving 

I honestly don't know. If a book description doesn't speak to me, I tend not to pick it up. I mean I guess I could say the Ravenhood trilogy by Kate Stewart. I picked that series up because of the hype it has on TikTok and Youtube. The hype had me nervous, but I ended up really enjoying it.

14. A book that made you cry 

More like what books don't make me cry. I'm an emotional person and reader, so the smallest things get me. I say that but there are two books that destroyed me. The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros and Dirt Queen by Nora Blake. Both had me sobbing. I'm still not okay. Seriously just thinking about what took place in The Last Letter can conjure up the tears. Ugh that book. I love it so. Then with what happened in Dirt Queen...just no. I can't.

15. A book you wish you could read for the first time

Every one of my 5 stars! In all seriousness though I'm going to go with Bloodmark Saga by Aurora Whittet. I'm choosing that one because I truly did love the storyline, and the characters. The fact that I am friends with the author has zero to do with it. 




Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!