Wednesday, May 24, 2023

How to Win the Girl by Sara Ney {a review}


My name is Laura, and I've fallen hard for the Colter brothers. First it was Duke and his living arrangement with Posey. Then it was Dallas and his fake relationship with Ryann. Now it's Drake, and his desire to help Drew find a girlfriend. Sara Ney's rom-coms are some of my favorites, and How to Win the Girl is right at the top of the list. I have even declared that Drake Colter is the best Colter. I'm not accepting any criticism on that. There is only one Colter left that could change my mind, so now I wait on Drew's book.

What to Expect:
Grumpy/Sunshine
Hate to Love
Sports Romance
Enemies to Lovers
Twin Switch
College Setting

How to Win the Girl is a college sports romance that features twin switching. I think the last time I read a trope like that might have been back in my Sweet Valley High or Sweet Valley University days. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG AGO THAT WAS?!? Oh I'm old. Moving on. Drake just wants the best for Drew, and his twin clearly is not doing well trying to find a girlfriend. Or at least that's Drake's take. So Drake takes it upon himself to download a dating app, and set up a profile for Drew. Does he tell Drew about this? No, why would he do that. Drake knows best!

Where does Daisy come into play in all of this? Well you see she and Drake met each other in class. Drake was attending the class for Drew, and Drake's constant movement was irritating Daisy. They had a few words. Once that dating app is downloaded, and an account is created, guess who match. YEP. What happens next is a lot of banter through messaging, verbal volleys, and an attraction being built. But Daisy is supposed to be for Drew, not Drake.

I so loved the banter in this book. Whether that was between Drake and Daisy, Drake and Drew, Daisy and Drew, or even with the side characters. That just added some additional humorous moments to the book. You know what else I loved? How Daisy was sassy, sarcastic, smart, sincere, and unwilling to put up with Drake's shenanigans. Daisy is a fantastic heroine, and she gave as good as she got. What do I enjoy about Drake? His loving heart, his protectiveness, his desire that his siblings have everything they want, and the fact that this man fell HARD. 

How to Win the Girl had me experiencing a variety of things. From laughter, to swooning, to frustration with Drake, to wanting to protect Daisy at all costs, and so much more. While reading I also found myself wondering what is going on with Drew. Clearly something is up, but what? Sara Ney's storytelling, and character development, had me enjoying every single moment of this story. I cannot wait to return to this college in Wisconsin and learn Drew Colter's story. I need it immediately. 

Do you enjoy college romances? I've been out of college for a LONG time now, but I still enjoy reading stories set at colleges. I can't fully put it into words. If you're looking for a college sports rom-com, I truly hope that you'll give the Campus Legends series a read.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts on this new release. I truly enjoyed every moment of this story.
Laura





 Please note:
I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!


Thank you Sara Ney, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced copy of How to Win the Girl.