Friday, January 1, 2021

Goodreads: Year in Books

 


It's that time of year my friends. 

It is time to look at the stats Goodreads has put together utilizing the information I've provided them. 

We are talking books read, pages read, average rating, shortest book, longest book, and average book length. Of course Goodreads also shows you the cover for each book you read. They also refresh your memory of the first review you wrote for the year, as well as the last review of the year. Now I don't tend to write my reviews on Goodreads, so I ignore that part. Goodreads doesn't tell you your most read genre, but I decided to add that in. (we all know what mine is anyway)

Are you ready to see my reading stats for 2020? I know I am!


Books read:

310

Pages read:

79,477

First Book of 2020:

Green Tea Latte to Go by Aven Ellis



Last Book of 2020:

Only One Night by Natasha Madison



Shortest Book: 72 Pages

The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O'Neill



Longest Book: 556 Pages

Renegades by Marissa Meyer


Average Book Length:

256

Average Rating: ⭐️

3.8

Most Read Genre:

Romance

I absolutely love how I started the year with one favorite author, and ended the year with another. That just might be the perfect way to do it. After all I know I'll start with a happily ever after, and I'll end with one too. 

Now I feel like I should preface my year in books by saying this isn't typical for anyone, especially me. Reading the amount of books I did was pretty much my escape from the pandemic. Some turned towards bingeing tv shows, others toward trying new recipes, others toward fitness. I turned to books. 

What did your stats look like for 2020? What was your original goal? Most read genre? If you met your goal, that's awesome. If you didn't meet your goal, that's okay too! 

Happy 2021! May this year be filled with books that bring you happiness.





*What Laura's Reading participates in the Amazon Affiliates program.
Purchases made via the links in this post may earn me a small commission.