Monday, March 29, 2021

Weekly Wrap Up

 


Happy Monday my fellow readers!

Last week was wonderful. Obviously I managed to do a lot of reading, that just goes without saying. I also did a bit of spring cleaning around my house. I still have a lot more to go, but I'm off to a good start. Now I just need the weather to warm up a bit more so that I can open windows! (and wash said windows)

Did you see those four reviews I posted last week? Dang did that feel good to get back into. Yes sharing mini reviews here on my weekly wrap up is nice too, but there is something about dedicating an entire post to a book (or series) that just makes my heart happy. This week there will be a few more reviews posted. My goal is also to post my April Anticipated Reads, and my top 5 reads for February. I was contemplating a Romanceopoly post, but considering I've read 1 out of 4 books for March, I think I'll skip it. The idea of a TBR game is wonderful. I love doing the rolls and figuring out the books to fit the prompts. My execution however leaves a bit to be desired. So yeah.

Enough about blog plans though. Let's talk reading stats for last week.

    • Books Read: 6
    • Kindle Books: 6
    • Physical Books: 0
    • ARCs: 6
    • Pages Read: 1,514

My average rating was 4.16. 

Since I've posted reviews for three of these books, I am going to switch things up a bit. Instead of rewriting the reviews, or sharing the descriptions, I will let you know the tropes and maybe share one of my favorite quotes from the book. I will also link to the review so you can go check that out should you so choose.

This week I have reviews scheduled to go live for Waiting Game, Watch Me Burn, and Boots on the Ground.  So keep your eyes open for those! Once they are live, I will come back and edit my post with the links. 🙂


Here are the books I read last week:

1) Aleatory

by Xavier Neal


Link to review: https://whatlaurasreading.blogspot.com/2021/03/Aleatory.html

Trope: Age Gap

Favorite quote:
"There's nothing wrong with taking care of your needs even if it may hurt a few feelings. You gotta love and take care of you. You're stuck with yourself for life. Better to be on good terms than bad."

How true is that!


2) Waiting Game

by Lisa Suzanne


This is book 4 of the Vegas Aces series, and it releases on April 1st!

Tropes: Sports Romance, Fake Relationship, Best Friend's Sister

Now if you haven't heard me talk about this series yet, you HAVE to read it in order. So go grab Home Game, and start reading. It's wonderful.

3) Meant for More

by Liza James


You can find my review here: https://whatlaurasreading.blogspot.com/2021/03/Meant-For-More.html

Tropes: Sports Romance, Friends to Lovers

This book was so good. From the relationship between Bloom and Carter, to the situation with Blooms father, my heart went for a ride.

4) Paper Hearts

by Brittany Taylor


Spoiler: I gave this book 5 stars. 


Tropes: Second Chance Romance, Hate to Love


5) Watch Me Burn

by CE Johnson


Watch Me Burn releases TOMORROW! (aka March 30, 2021)

Here's a teaser for it: https://whatlaurasreading.blogspot.com/2021/03/Watch-Me-Burn.html

This book. Ugh. I still don't know how to put my thoughts into words. Now don't take that to mean I didn't like the book, because I DID! Quite a bit actually. I'm just processing. On Wednesday you'll be able to read my review here on the blog.

I definitely need to go back and read the first book in the series, and I will be reading the next book as well. These characters have gotten under my skin.


6) Boots on the Ground

by April Canavan


Boots on the Ground is the second book in the Birch Police Department series by April Canavan. And this book, OH THIS BOOK. It sucked me in. I have a feeling I will say that with every single book in the series. They are just that good.

My review for this book is coming tomorrow, March 30, and it also so happens to be the day the book is available for purchase!

If you are a fan of military and/or police romance, then grab this one. Or if second chance is your thing, grab this book. Oh, best friends sibling is your trope? Grab this book. I think you'll like it.

Should you choose to read this book, go into it with a content warning for a subject that may be difficult to read about. Everything was handled with care, but I know books/stories affect us all differently, so just know there is some hard stuff discussed.



Those were the SIX books I read last week. My favorite of the week was definitely Paper Hearts, and Boots on the Ground was a VERY close second. Really though, I enjoyed every book that I read.

I am kicking off a new reading week with a book that has me despising the hero. So come back next week to see my thoughts on that book. 

What did you read last week? What's your reading plan for this week? 

Happy Reading,