Thursday, March 10, 2022

Tight Spot by Lisa Suzanne {a review}



I did it! I read Tight Spot by Lisa Suzanne, and what a start to the new season! Oofta. If you're not aware, Tight Spot is the first book in the Vegas Aces: Tight End series. This is the third season, and it is going to be just as drama filled as the previous two. Also, please note that each book in this series (with the exception of #5) will end in a cliffhanger. Don't worry though, you get a new release every two weeks! So you don't have to wait long for the next installment.

What is Tight Spot about? Well, Ben Olson of course. He is a professional football player for the Vegas Aces, and he has been labeled with the "bad boy" persona. Ben doesn't really have an issue with this. He's just having fun. You know who does have an issue with it? The team owner. He wants Ben to clean up his image. As you can imagine, Ben isn't thrilled about this. Yet, he loves his job, and being a part of the Aces. So he's going to give it a try. Enter the plan that his PR person has created. Ben is about to be set up in a fake relationship. Who is his "love interest" going to be? Kaylee Dalton of course. Yes, that would be Luke and Jack's little sister. This age gap romance is going to be a wild ride. But what drama is going to unfold? You know it's coming, but what will it be? How will this affect Ben and Kaylee's "relationship"? How will this "relationship" affect Ben's friendship with Luke and Jack?

Reader friends, I freaking loved this book! Not only does it feature one of my favorite tropes (sibling's best friend), but it is also an age gap, AND a fake romance. Bring it on! I am here for it. If you're wondering what the age gap is, we are looking at about 10 years. Which seems pretty typical with other books I've read. 

Ben and Kaylee have known each other for a decade now. Kaylee is someone that Ben has always considered to be like a little sister, so there was no attraction what so ever. Yet lately his thoughts have been changing, and he isn't certain what to think of it. As for Kaylee, she has her sights set on Ben. Even if it's just for a short term fling, she's willing to give it a go. Outside of all of that, Kaylee is struggling with her decision to become a teacher. She's feeling that stress, and so when a new opportunity is tossed her way, she's going all in. Even more so since she'll be forced to spend time with Ben. These two are going to be such a wild ride. I can feel the attraction, the chemistry, the desire, the curiosity. I cannot wait to find out what happens next with them.

One thing I noticed throughout this book is that Kaylee is pretty ignored in her family. Yes, she's the youngest. Yes, her brothers are professional football players. Yes, they also have kids. So naturally she's not going to be in the spotlight. Yet they've almost taken a disinterest in her life. They don't know what she's dealing with at work, or the questions she is trying to answer regarding her future. But then there's Ben who is more than willing to listen, and offer support. Ben see's her not only as a person, but also as someone he is starting to take an interest in. Kaylee of course can reciprocate on that, and she does her best.

I cannot wait to see how Ben and Kaylee's story plays out. I am ready for the drama filled moments, the romance, the steam, and everything else that happens in the Vegas Aces series. Also, I need to read Tight Hold so I can find out what happens next! Even more so since this plan has been set into motion, and a hiccup has already presented itself.

AHHHHH!

If you are a fan of football romances, age gap romances, the sibling's best friend trope, or forced proximity, then you need to go read Tight Spot. I think you'll find yourself curious about Ben, Kaylee, and all the supporting characters. Now of course if you've read the previous two seasons of the Vegas Aces, then I highly suggest you pick up this third season. It's worth it. I promise.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts. Please let me know if you've read the book, and what your thoughts are.

Laura


Cover Design: Najla Qamber Designs

I don’t date football players.

I’m not interested in the ones who are a decade older than me. I want nothing to do with the ones who play on the same team as my brothers, and I certainly avoid the ones who spend more time in strip clubs than kids’ clubs.

So why do I suddenly find myself faking a relationship with Ben Olson, the bad boy tight end who fits every descriptor on my naughty list?

He’s in a tight spot, and I’m intrigued by the illicit under the dinner table action that proved to me he’s nothing but trouble. He’s hot and I’m bored. He doesn’t do relationships, and I’m just looking for some fun.

Except fun is taking a quick turn into real feelings, and now I’m in a tight spot of my own.





Add Tight Spot to your Goodreads TBR!


Do you wish you had a prequel for season 3 of the Vegas Aces? Well guess what, Lisa Suzanne has you covered! 
Download the prequel on Bookfunnel

Meet Lisa Suzanne


Lisa Suzanne is a romance author who resides in Arizona with her husband and two kids. 

She’s a former high school English teacher and college composition instructor. 

When she's not chasing her kids, she can be found working on her latest book or watching reruns of Friends.  


Connect with Lisa Suzanne


Hosted by: 
Thank you to Lisa Suzanne, and Wordsmith Publicity, for providing me with an advanced review copy of Tight Spot.