Monday, October 24, 2022

False Start by Piper Rayne {a review}


I’d love to say I’m above it all, but the truth is, I admire him too. I just do it from afar.

Did you hear that Piper Rayne has a new football series kicking off later this year? It's true! The series is called Kingsmen Football Stars. We've already met one of the members of the team in My Scorned Best Friend. Yep, Xavier Greene is on the team, and we are about to meet his teammates.

But did you also know that Piper Rayne has released a prequel novella to set the stage for You Had Your Chance, Lee Burrows? They did! That novella is False Start. Now do you need to read this prequel before the full length novel? No, but it might be a little helpful to have the backstory of Lee and Shayna.

My rating for False Start:

 
In False Start we are headed back to college. It is there that we find out Lee is struggling with one of his classes, and he needs a tutor. It is then that Shayna and Lee officially meet, and a schedule is set to work on catching Lee up in class. From that point on a friendship of sorts builds, and then comes the attraction. There's more though, and it involves a bet. Sigh. 

Lee rubbed me wrong in this book, and I found myself wanting to smack him upside the head. Along with a few of his teammates. But here he is this amazing football player who is doing what needs to be done to stay on the team, and secure his future. As for Shayna, I related to her in a lot of ways. She's quiet, but she's passionate. She loves with everything she has, but when you've done her wrong, she won't put up with it. 

This prequel has me even more ready for You Had Your Chance, Lee Burrows! Getting to see how Shayna and Lee's story began? YES! Bring on the second chance romance with the hate to love, and enemies to lovers tropes. I am freaking here for it.

Is it the end of December yet so I can see how these two find their way back to each other?

Are you going to read the Kingsmen Football Stars series? You know I am! After all it's sports romance, and it's a series written by Piper Rayne. That duo knows how to write a steamy rom-com that also has emotional moments added to the storyline.

Happy Reading,
Laura


The start of Lee Burrows and I was a college girls' biggest fantasy.

Campus' most popular guy, the starting quarterback, the same guy I've crushed on forever, notices me—the quiet introvert.

Although, he never would've noticed me if he didn't need my help passing our biology class. I didn't think I had a chance with him until he started flirting with me and asking me questions like, "Who was the guy you were talking to?" and "Do you have a boyfriend?"

It took a few tutoring sessions before we ditched the library to "study" at Lee's apartment.

It was a fantasy come true until I found out the truth and vowed that Lee Burrows would never get another chance with me again.






A note from me:
I participate in the Amazon Affiliate Program. Any purchases made through links in this post allow me to earn a small commission. So thank you for that.