Friday, November 4, 2022

The Mistletoe Bet by Maren Moore {a review}

I hate the holidays. Actually,  I loathe them. Call me Scrooge. The Grinch. The Girl who hates Christmas.

Maren Moore just released an adorable, yet steamy, holiday novella! The Mistletoe Bet proves that a lot can happen in a week, and Quinn is about to find that out firsthand. Especially since she just agreed to a bet with Parker. Who wins the bet? You'll have to read the story to find out.

My rating for The Mistletoe Bet:


It should be known that I have absolutely enjoyed every book that I have read from Maren Moore. So I went into The Mistletoe Bet with high expectations. Maren did not disappoint. I enjoyed every single minute of this novella, and have found myself wishing it was a full length book.

Not only did it feature one of my favorite tropes, but I just loved how the heroine was this grinchy grump who suddenly despised Christmas. Then there was the bet that was made, and I just fell hard. I wanted to see how Parker would have her rediscovering her Christmas spirit, and of course what it would take for these two to fall head over heals in love. 

I loved every single date/adventure that they went on. Those moments together definitely set the stage for a relationship. Oh, and that night at the Parker's office?



Then there was that moment when I literally gasped because two characters from the Totally Pucked series made an appearance. I may have been a little giddy about that, as I love when previous characters make appearances in other books. It's like a little easter egg.

The Mistletoe Bet is an adorable story that is filled with our heroine returning home for a week with the family, our hero trying to change the heroine's mind, plenty of dates, and not to mention, a lot of steamy moments. I don't know how Maren squeezed all of this into a novella, but she did. 

This book is one to read this holiday season. I highly suggest either downloading a copy immediately, or at least adding it to your TBR. If you've set a reading goal for 2022, and are a bit behind, grab some novellas to catch up!

Happy Reading,
Laura

 


Everyone says “there’s no place like home”… well not for me.

When I’m forced to spend the holidays at home with my family in Strawberry Hollow, I have no idea how I’m even going to survive the week, let alone make it through my least favorite holiday… Christmas.

That is until I run into my childhood crush, and my brother’s best friend, Parker Grant.

Now, he’s the sexy, off-limits doctor in our small town, and nothing like the man I left behind six years ago.

While I hate the holidays, there is nothing that he loves more.

Well, other than a good bet...

Which is exactly what happens when we end up together under the mistletoe.

A bet that changes everything.

He asks for the next seven days to change my mind about Christmas.

But seven days alone with Parker is more than either of us bargained for.

He gives the season of giving a whole new meaning…

Maybe home really is where the heart is.  



Thank you Maren Moore for providing me with an advanced copy of The Mistletoe Bet!

Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!