Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Wanting You Always by Lizzie Morton {a review}


Her voice is a siren, but instead of warning me to stay away, it draws me in, just like it always has, since the first time we met.

Wanting You Always is the brand new release from author Lizzie Morton. This is the first book in the Always series, and it is a spin off from the Always trilogy. Wanting You Always focuses on Sam and Sophie. These two have been best friends since the moment they met. They have been by each other's side through the good and the bad. They are the support system they each need. It's always been friendship, never more, but things are changing.

My rating for Wanting You Always:


First things first, I have not read the Always Trilogy, so I am going into the Always series not knowing anything about the characters, the band, or the history. Having now read Wanting You Always, I do feel that it may have helped me understand bits and pieces of this book had I read the trilogy. I say that because at times I was a bit lost with certain references to past events. Not only that I feel that I would have better understood the friendships, and the these bonds that they clearly have. That being said not knowing all of this, and the slight confusion didn't affect my enjoyment of this story. If anything it would have enhanced it.

Speaking of the story...I truly did enjoy Sam and Sophie's story. That best friends to lovers storyline hooked me in, and had me wondering how the fall would happen. It also had me waiting for the moment when those feelings were discussed, and how it would affect the friendship. Slow burn and I don't always get along, but this one I didn't really have a problem with. At times I was hoping things would pick up a bit more, but once those lines were crossed all was good. The rockstar vibe was just okay. It felt secondary, but at the same time it gave Sam this friendship that he so needed. I quickly found myself immersed in this world, and wanting to know more about each of the side characters.

Lizzie threw me a curve ball in the form of Russ, and everything that was discovered with his story. My mom heart was immediately gone for that kid. Then as his storyline developed my heart sank. While I don't like what happened in that situation, it did inspire what happened next. 

I think it was Russ that really gave Sophie the courage to rediscover herself. It was because of him that so much happened. Yes Sam was by her side throughout, but this was different. This was Sophie taking a stand, and I loved that. She found her voice and her passion, and she was going to battle.

Also, I love Grams. She's the best. Grams was the comedic relief that was needed from time to time.

While the start of the book confused me a smidgen, by the end I was loving the characters, enjoying their storylines, and rooting for that happily ever after. Not only did Sam and Sophie get their happily ever after, but their new found family did also. 

Now that Sam and Sophie's story is over, I need Shaun's story to be next. I won't accept anyone else. (okay maybe Sooz's story. maybe) Shaun is Sam's big brother, and if I'm reading things correctly, there is a spark between him and Sophie's best friend. So please Lizzie, say they are next!!

Go check out this best friends to lovers romance. I could not put it down, and cannot wait to return to this setting in the future. (rumor has it book 2 is coming in 2023!)

Happy Reading,
Laura


Sam Riley has been one of my best friends for as long as I can remember, it’s the wanting him part that is new.

With my personal life falling apart and Sam’s self-doubts putting his music career on the line, we do what we’ve always done best … we lean on each other.

Desperately trying to hold everything together, Sam manages to brighten the darkest of days.

In the middle of the storm, he’s my rainbow.

My person.

My one.

My constant.

Until we find ourselves tiptoeing the line of something more.

Deciding between what’s right and fighting for what we want feels impossible when it comes down to one thing …

Is loving your best friend worth the risk of losing them?

**Wanting You Always is Book 1 in a series of interconnected standalones which act as spin-offs to The Always Trilogy. Each book is a complete story and contains a HEA.**



Thank you Lizzie for providing me with an advanced copy of Wanting You Always. Being a part of #imwithlizziesband has been a wonderful adventure.

Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!