Friday, April 9, 2021

March Top 5

 


It's that time again my friends, time to recap another month of reading!

March was a month. My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. It also marked one year of this pandemic. My oldest child returned to school full time, for the first time in a year. I was also summoned for jury duty in March, but did not have to report. (YAY!) Then there was the fact that both my parents were in the hospital at the same time, in different states, and it was stressful. (both are now fine) In March I also got to see my best friend for the first time in a long time. Outings with her are some of my favorite things. They always bring a smile to my face and I cherish that time with her.

Before we talk about my top 5 books of March, let's go over my stats.

In March, I read 22 books, which totaled 6,338 pages.

The book breakdown is
    • 22 books read
    • 2 physical (library) books
    • 9 kindle books I own/or purchased
    • 11 advanced reader copies
My average rating was a 3.95 ⭐️

Breaking my ratings down a bit further we have:
    • 2   - Five Star
    • 17 - Four Star
    • 3   - Three Star

I also DNF'd a book this month, High Heels in the Highlands, and opted not to rate the book or include it in my monthly stats (other than as a DNF). Nor did I mark it as read on Goodreads. Simply put the book was too slow moving for my liking, and I just could not get involved in the story. Plus it claimed to be a romance, but by the time I DNF'd it (13%), there was no romance to be had. It is what it is, not every book will be the book for you.

My longest book of March was Driven by K Bromberg. It was 806 pages. (to be fair, it was a ebook boxed set)
My shortest book of March was Hockey Hunk by Kat Obie. It was 91 pages.

In March, my new to me author count was 8. So not as impressive as February, but still it's 8 new authors that I've discovered!

Are you ready for my top 5 books of March? 





5) Restless Things

by Samantha Lovelock

You may recall that Restless Things was on my anticipated reads list for the month, and it did not disappoint. Oh this book. It took me for a ride. The drama, the suspense, the romance! I am now eagerly awaiting June 17 so that I can find out how this story ends! I have my full review here:Restless Things Review

(and yes, I finally purchased a physical copy of the Folkestone Sins series. I'd only been talking about it since January)

4) Boots on the Ground

by April Canavan

If you recall my February Top 5, you may recognize the name April Canavan. Her book, Balls to the Wall made my top 5 list. So really it's of no surprise that Boots on the Ground is making an appearance. The suspense in this book was spectacular. The topic was hard hitting, but handled with care. Boots on the Ground is a must read for all who enjoy police and/or military romances. You can read my review here: Boots on the Ground review

By the way, the next book in the series, Bite the Bullet, is releasing on May 26 2021. I'm not going to say it will be on my top 5 list for May, but you never know!

3) Paper Hearts

by Brittany Taylor

Paper Hearts was one of my 5 star reads for the month. As I was reading the book, I knew that it would get 5 stars, and I also knew it would be on my top 5 list. It's no secret that I love second chance romance, add that with enemies to lovers trope, and I'm all in. Oh the things Charleigh and Asher had to go through to be together! Loved it. Absolutely loved it. If you would like to read my review, you can do so here: Paper Hearts review

2) Vegas Aces

by Lisa Suzanne


I know, it seems like I'm cheating on this one, but I'm not. I do not feel that I can mention just one book of the Vegas Aces series. They are all interconnected, and you do need to start with Home Game in order to know what the heck is going on with Luke and Ellie. I read Home Game and Long Game in February, and they were fantastic.

Fair Game is the third book in the series, and our faux couple is in Hawaii to get married! Well, fake married. After all it's just temporary. This book takes you through what happened at the end of Long Game up until the ceremony. This entire series has sucked me in. My short review can be found here: Fair Game review Obviously I can't really tell you anything, because spoilers.

Waiting Game is the next book in the series, and it just continues my obsession with Luke and Ellie! Lisa Suzanne continues to torture me (in the best possible ways), and I had to pick my jaw up often. I went as spoiler free as possible in my review: Waiting Game review

Now I wait for April 15 so I can see how this all concludes in End Game.

Ready for my favorite book of the month? 



1) Driven

by K. Bromberg

Driven was my other 5 star read for March. I should say, that this is the ebook boxed set that the author has on Amazon, so it is really 5 books in one. That does not change the fact that Driven has well earned this number one spot. Colton and Rylee are just -no words-, no words can do them justice. So good!

If you know me, then you know that I used to be a major fan of NASCAR. I would watch every race, and I had my select drivers that I cheered for. So to find a sports romance book that features a race car driver? Well crud, I can't turn away. Knowing that this boxed set focuses solely Colton and Rylee, well I couldn't turn away! I found myself shedding so many tears throughout my time with these characters. So if you want to go on an emotional rollercoaster, then read this series. Your heart will break, only to be put back together, and then K Bromberg will shatter it. In the end though, your heart will be repaired, and you may just find yourself wanting to watch the TV show on Passionflix. (which no I haven't done yet, but I will!) My brief review can be read here: Driven review



There you have it my reader friends. Those are my top 5 books for the month of March. Have you read any of the books mentioned above? What was your favorite book you read in March? Or how about in 2021? Tell me, I'd love to know


Thanks for reading,