Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Hidden Mistake by Lisa Suzanne {A Review}

She's everything I remember...yet somehow more.

Hello fellow romance readers. I'm back with a review for the second book in the Vegas Aces: The Wide Receiver series. That's right, Hidden Mistake released today along with Rookie Mistake. I've already shared my review for book 1, so be sure to check that out. Also, just a reminder that Rookie Mistake ended on a cliffhanger so this is a continuation of that story! 

As this is a continuation, I have to really limit what I say about the book so that I do not give away any spoilers. Just know that things are heating up between Tristan and Tessa. 

In the beginning of the story, we find out that Tristan's season just ended, and after a golf course discussion with his dad, Tristan is returning home for the break. He's not the only one returning home though. Tessa has just returned also. What happens throughout this story is just the beginning of their new journey toward a potential relationship.

Tristan and Tessa continue to pull me in with their story. Secrets are being revealed. A new friendship is being established. Time together is spent. Yet there is a hesitancy about that. Tessa is keeping her secrets locked tight, and while she feels she should share them with Tristan, she's not ready. Rightfully so. 

The history between these two continues to be revealed. We see little snippets of that past connection, and honestly these two were soul mates that were ripped apart. 

Stephanie makes an appearance in this book, and she is on my radar. I’m not certain she is in the up and up. Curious to see that storyline unfold over the next three books. She may be Tessa's half-sister, but something isn't sitting right with me. She's almost giving Michelle, or even Tatum, vibes. (Michelle was featured in both Luke and Jack's seasons, where as Tatum was in Ben's season.)

I cannot wait to see how the event that is being planned plays out. It's either going to be spectacular, or there is going to be major drama. Or I guess it could be both.

Savannah’s reign of terror could be coming to an end! Or so I hope. Yet I’m sure she has an ace up her sleeve to try and save herself. Ugh she’s still the worst. I also really want to know all of the dirt that she thinks she has on Tristan. What of it will be damaging to his career, to his personal life, and even potentially damaging to herself? 

The last thing that I want to mention is the secrets that Tessa is keeping. I know both will be revealed eventually, but I'm a bit worried about the emotions that will flow with the one reveal. My gut tells me that is going to hit hard, and tissues will be needed. As for the other, I don't see it being a big issue, but I am wondering how the 3rd party will feel once things happen. (Sorry, I know I'm being vague, but again it's a continuing storyline.) 

Have you read Rookie Mistake, or Hidden Mistake yet? Such a good kickoff to the season, and I am beyond ready for books 3, 4, and 5. I need to know ALL THE THINGS.

My rating for Hidden Mistake:


Friendly reminder that Hidden Mistake also ends with a cliffhanger. So you'll have to come back for Honest Mistake to find out how the story continues. Also if you need a reminder of the tropes in this series they are: second chance, small town, surprise pregnancy, forced proximity, and friends to lovers.

Thank you for coming to read my thoughts on Hidden Mistake. This second book in the series has me eagerly anticipating what will happen in the remaining books. If you read it, please let me know. I'd love to talk about everything that is happening. And it's a lot!

Happy Reading!
Laura



The boy next door is back, and so am I.

He’s spending his NFL off-season in our small Midwestern town after seven long years away, and I’m in town for different reasons.

Memories shift to reality as we find ourselves in the place where we first fell in love. We’re different people now, but I’m falling fast and hard for the man he is now.

But he’s married. He’s working to fix his mistakes as I’m hiding a few of my own.

As we grow closer, I know I won’t be able to keep these hidden mistakes a secret much longer. But if I tell him, I’m afraid I’ll lose him all over again.


HIDDEN MISTAKE is the second book in the VEGAS ACES: THE WIDE RECEIVER series. This series must be read in order.


Thank you to Lisa Suzanne, and Wordsmith Publicity, for providing me with an advanced review copy of Hidden Mistake.

(I am also a member of the Amazon Affiliates program, so any purchases made through links will provide a small commission.)