Monday, February 28, 2022

Monthly Wrap Up

Um, excuse me, where did February go? Was it not just the first day of the month? How are we already at the end of the month? WHERE DID THE TIME GO? Oh wait, that's right, life jumped up and said "hey, I'm here to cause some mayhem".


February started off a bit rough in my household. Thankfully it has all calmed down, and I feel comfortable saying that life is back to "normal". My mama heart still has the what if's playing in the back of my mind, but even that has quieted a bit.

Reading wise though, February was marvelous. This month I was able to read a few books that I was highly anticipating, and those books did not disappoint. They just made me love the characters, the settings, and the authors that much more. In February, I did have my first DNF of the year. So that put a slight damper on things. It was just one of those things where the book and I just did not vibe. It was not a fit, and I wasn't going to risk a reading slump just to say I read the book. Will I go back and try the book again? Eh, I don't know. So I'll say maybe. This book does not appear in my wrap up. I just wanted to document that I did have one.

In the month of February, I managed to read 21 books. I did the math and that equated to roughly 4,815 pages. I say roughly as I didn't have a specific page count for Roar or Trouble, as they were both free novella downloads from the authors. I had to calculate the page count using the locations. (location/15~20=page count. I use 20.)

I managed to read 8 sports romances, 2 fire fighter romances, a duet from a new to me author, and many many more. A series finale was read, I continued a few series, and I started a few. All in all it was an outstanding month.

What was my favorite of the month? This was difficult to choose. There were four books that I was going back and forth between. Ultimately though, I have to go with my gut. This book was also on my February anticipated reads list, and I kind of foreshadowed it there.  So what is it? The Edge of Redemption by Kristin Turnage! This was my absolute favorite. To say I'm obsessed with this small town romance series would be an understatement. I want to move to this community, and befriend the characters. Okay fine, I'm old enough to befriend their parents. Doesn't matter. I'd still be with these people in this small town community. My heart.


Here are all the books that I read in February. If a review has been written (and published here on the blog), it is linked.

Ruin by Caitlyn Dare
The Lies You Love by Rachel Robinson
Roar by Xavier Neal
It Went Viral by Stacy Stone
The Plan by Karla Sorensen
Mine to Kiss by Natasha Madison
The Edge of Redemption by Kristin Turnage
The Player Hater by Sara Ney
Fall For Me by JH Croix
Saving Jen by Ellie Masters
Up In Smoke by Kate Meader
Push by Sadie Rose
Pull by Sadie Rose
Trouble by Lisa Suzanne
Tight Spot by Lisa Suzanne
The Score Keeper by Gina Azzi
Only One Love by Natasha Madison
Terms and Conditions by Lauren Asher
Sneaking Around with #34 by Piper Rayne
Tight Hold by Lisa Suzanne
All Geek To Me by Allie York

I am still working on finalizing my reviews on the books that are not linked, so those will be up in the next 10 days. If you're curious about some of my thoughts, you can go check my Goodreads!

What did you read in February? Did you have a favorite? Any anticipated reads for March? I have quite the list, and will share those tomorrow!

Laura