Monday, May 2, 2022

Monthly Wrap Up


Oh what a month April was!


April was filled with birthdays, celebrating Easter, and of course being ecstatic that my Mom and Stepdad had returned from wintering in Florida. I am longing for warmer temps, and sunshine. In April we also took the kids to see two movies (Sonic 2 and The Bad Guys), and both were fun to watch. One of these years I'll be able to watch an entire movie in the theater without having to take a kid to a million bathroom breaks. Oh the joys of parenting. Another fun thing that we did was go to the carnival that our elementary school was hosting. My kids had a blast, and we stayed almost the entire time. Many memories were definitely made.

I mentioned birthdays up above, and that includes mine! As my brother pointed out, I've had as many years pre-2000 as I have post. Only he would think of that, and bring it to my attention. Gotta love your siblings. My birthday was very low key, and if you know me, you know that is 100% how I like it.

Enough about all that. Let's get back to reading...In the month of April, I read 21 books. I did the math and that equated to roughly 5,439 pages. There was a novella (Lucas by Amber Ford) that I read that wasn't posted on Goodreads, so I'm not entirely certain of the page count on that. But I did my usual calculation (location/20=page count) to get an approximation. 

I read 7 sports romances, a firefighter romance, one MC romance, a couple organized crime type romances, and so many other tropes/subgenres. This month I finished SIX series! What series were they? 


April was the month of 5 star reads too. This is quite possibly the most that I have had in a month since I started keeping track. In April, I had SIX 5 star reads! SIX! That's wild. What books were they? I'm glad you asked!



What was my favorite of the month? 
There were once again a few books that stood out above the rest, and so I had to sit and think on it for a bit. That being said, my mind automatically went to Caught Looking by Aven Ellis. Caught Looking is the fourth book it the DC Soaring Eagles baseball series, and I have been anticipating this one for a while now. Chase and Meghan are amazing together, and I loved every moment of their love story. I'm still working on finishing up my review, so that will be posted in a couple days. What I will say is that I love the characters and worlds that Aven Ellis creates. They are people I would want in my life, and I would love to live in their world as well. Every time I read one of Aven's stories, I always fall head over heels. Highly recommend all of her books.



Here are all the books that I read in April. If a review has been written (and published here on the blog), it is linked.

Bonds We Break by Paula Dombrowiak
Lucas by Amber Ford
Sinful Bodyguard by Emily Bowie
Second Shot with #76 by Piper Rayne
Only One Forever by Natasha Madison
Take Me There by JH Croix
Tight End by Lisa Suzanne
Sinful Vow by Emily Bowie
The Secrets to Heartbreak by Brittany Taylor
The Scorecard by Maren Moore
Fool Me Thrice by Lizzie Morton
Reason to Believe by Rebecca Yarros
Maxim by Samantha Whiskey
Baby Got Pack by Xavier Neal
Rule by Caitlyn Dare
The MRS Degree by Sara Ney
Caught Looking by Aven Ellis
The Comic Con by Dee Lagasse
Nova by Dee Lagasse
The Wrong Boy by Ashley Munoz

Tell me about the books you read in April! What was your favorite? Do you have any books that you're anticipating for May? I have quite the list!

Laura


What Laura's Reading participates in the Amazon Affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn a commission through purchases made using my links.