Wednesday, March 22, 2023

2023 5 Star Reads {so far}

Since the first quarter of 2023 is almost complete I figured now would be the perfect time to look back on the 5 star reads I've had thus far. Now I fully admit there are not that many. To be fully upfront about it, there are SIX books that I've given 5 stars to. Four of them are romances, one is a memoir, and one is a manga. Out of those six, only one of them was an advanced reader copy. 

What books have I given 5 stars to? Allow me to fill you in. Although if you've read my weekly reading recaps, or even my monthly wrap ups, then you know which books I've rated 5 stars. If you haven't read those posts, or just want all that info in one handy dandy little spot, then please continue reading.

I fully admit that it takes a lot for me to give a book 5 stars. I'm looking for something very specific, and honestly I cannot fully put it into words. It's more of a feeling than anything else.

What books have you rated 5 stars in 2023?

Happy Reading,
Laura



Spare by Prince Harry

From the moment this book was announced I knew that I would be reading it. I remember when his mom died (I had been up late watching an Audrey Hepburn movie on tv), and how gutted I was. Then there was watching the funeral, and of course watching Diana's boys grow up without her. Of course I've also heard the talk over the years, especially in the last few, so I wanted to hear Harry's side. That is what Spare is. It is his side of the story. You can argue some may have been embellished, but maybe it hasn't. This is how he remembers the events, so it's his reality. This man speaks of the pain, heartbreak, anxiety, loss, etc that he has experienced at this point in his life. He speaks on the fear of losing another family member the way his mom died. Honestly, I would have that same fear. Not only that but he's sharing that the institution is more important than the family. That's just sad.


Spy x Family by Tatsuya Endo

This was my first ever manga, and I was captivated. I read it in a day, and fell hard for the story. It gave me so many things that I love in one spot. There is the spy aspect, a found family, a mystery, some suspense, and also a fake romance. I'm here for it all.


Broken Love Story by Natasha Madison


This freaking book broke my heart. The story of what our heroine went through was jaw dropping. My heart broke for her, and her children. Then she found love again with an unlikely person. I could not put this book down, and was so invested in what I read.


Off to the Races by Elsie Silver


I wrote an entire post about this book where I shared my love for the story, and the couple. Not to mention that freaking horse. I think I loved that horse as much as I did the couple. 


The Front Runner by Elsie Silver


Is this where I admit I actually have two posts about this book? One is my thoughts while reading, and the other is about my favorite quotes. I honestly think I might love The Front Runner more than Off to the Races. I once again fell for the characters, everything that they've gone through, and the horse. I held my breath many times while reading because of the intensity of the scenes. I regret nothing. If you like small town romances then you need to read this one. Actually read the entire series, it's worth it.


The Sky at Night by Samantha Lovelock

This book was a 5 star hopeful. From the moment Samantha Lovelock announced the book, I told myself I could see myself giving it 5 stars if it lived up to the hype in my head. It did. It completely did. Plus it had me approving of a redemption arc for a character I previously could not stand. My full thoughts are listed in a this post. Samantha Lovelock had me laughing, crying, and realizing I didn't give a character a full chance. There were also some quotes that I loved, and one that hit home personally. I cannot wait for The Sea at Dawn, and I'm hoping it is Kess & Vann's story. If it's not, that's okay too, but I'm hopeful.




Thank you Samantha Lovelock for an advanced copy of The Sky At Night.


Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!