Friday, October 7, 2022

Monthly Wrap Up {September}

September is over. How? It was a whirlwind month that's for certain. Every year I can't help but think of the Green Day song "Wake Me Up When September Ends". Between that song, and September by Earth Wind and Fire, I am constantly singing. 


September kicked off with my kids returning to school. That always brings on mixed emotions. Honestly though, it was a summer, so this time apart will be good. That week my husband also had off of work. We didn't accomplish as much as we wanted, but enjoyed the time together. My new oven was delivered, and the old one taken away. My kitchen is closer to being complete. I've been baking a ton, and trying to cook more as well. That new oven is just calling to me.

Now for the reading wrap up.

Not sure how I did it, but in September I read 17 books! I kept track of the page counts, and it looks like I read 5018 pages. That's not too shabby if I do say so myself. That averages out to about 295 pages per book. Which is awesome. Not my highest monthly average, but close to it.  


This month I had FOUR 5 star reads! That is the most I've had since April. 

My Brother's Forbidden Friend
Greene Family #9
by Piper Rayne


Olivia
Cold Case Murder Mystery #4
by Brooke Ramsey

Bitter Sweet Heart
Lies, Hearts, & Truths #2
by H. Hunting

Everything is Ok
by Debbie Tung



What was my favorite of the month? This was a difficult one for me. In all reality I have two for very different reasons. My ultimate choice though was Bitter Sweet Heart by H. Hunting. I loved returning to this group of characters, and their world. It was like coming home, all while getting to find out more about Maverick Waters. That man has quite the mask in place, and once that's been stripped aside, it just shows how caring of a person he is. His story with Clover held my attention throughout, and I just continue to think about it.

What was the other book? It was Everything is Ok by Debbie Tung. This comic style book had me a bit emotional. It is Debbie's story with mental health, and her journey of getting out of a dark place. It demonstrates her thoughts, her feelings, and showed the support system that she had in place. I just absolutely loved it. Plus the cover is gorgeous.





Here is the full list of books that I read in September 2022. The majority of my reviews are linked to my Goodreads account, as I only have a handful posted here. My goal was to resume reviews on October 1st, and I managed to accomplish that goal! So with next month's recap, I can return to my usual linking.

Lord of the Manor by Aven Ellis
Rookie's Regret by Gina Azzi
Love of my Next Life by Brit Benson
Queen by S Massery
Mine to Cherish by Natasha Madison
Filthy Puckboy by Elise Faber
Bound to Burn by Paula Dombrowiak
Hades by Anna Hackett
Rookie Mistake by Lisa Suzanne
Second Chance Cowboys by Kim Loraine
Bitter Sweet Hearts by H Hunting
My Brother's Forbidden Friend by Piper Rayne
Hidden Mistake by Lisa Suzanne
Olivia by Brooke Ramsey
Everything is Ok by Debbie Tung
The Secret Roommate by Sara Ney
One Last Shot by Julia Connors

The titles that are bolded are ones that I have posted reviews for here on my blog. The remainder are over on Goodreads.

What did you read in September? Any specific book stand out? Did you read any of the same books that I did?

Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Reading!
Laura







What Laura's Reading participates in the Amazon Affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn a commission through purchases made using my links.