Thursday, December 9, 2021

17 Books that made me ugly cry


If you've read my reviews, whether here on my blog or over on Goodreads, chances are you've heard me talking about crying while reading books. Now it doesn't happen with EVERY book, but it does happen a lot. Tears are easily triggered for me if our characters get injured, or someone dies, or it's just a heightened emotional scene in the story. I can't help it, it's how I'm wired. The tears just flow. I own it. I accept it. I always keep a box of tissues close by.

In 2021, there were 17 books that had the tears flowing. There was one book in particular that had me sobbing almost the entire time. Just the way it kicked off, and then everything that happened in the story, and the big reveal. I was just a mess.

(now, just because these books had me sobbing, doesn't mean they will you. we all express our emotions differently.)

 


So since I like to share...Here are the 17 books that had me ugly crying. 

(as always, please check for any content/trigger warnings.)


Edge of Happiness Kristin Turnage

Dirt Queen Nora Blake

Balls to the Wall by April Canavan

Boots on the Ground by April Canavan

Break it Down by April Canavan

Below the Line April Canavan

Edge of Serenity Kristin Turnage

Live Again Devin Sloane


Taming of the Crew by Xavier Neal

Exodus Kate Stewart

Wild Love by Rebecca Jenshak

Driven by K. Bromberg


Southern Heart by Natasha Madison

Southern Heat by Natasha Madison

Southern Secrets by Natasha Madison

Better With You by Brit Benson


My Unexpected Surprise by Piper Rayne

Review to come on December 14


Have you read any of these books? Did they make you sob as well? Or am I alone in this? Also, what book (or books) had you crying this year?

Oh, and if you're curious about the book that I cried throughout the entire thing, it was Break It Down by April Canavan. 

Thanks for stopping by to see what tear jerkers I read in 2021.

Laura




PS: I may have forgotten one or two, but these 15 immediately came to mind, and brought on the memories.
"We love rainy days, don't we, baby?"