Friday, February 10, 2023

10 of My Favorite Brother's Best Friend Romances


It should come as no surprise that I ADORE the Brother's Best Friend (and/or sister's best friend) trope. I've spoken about that
before. Maybe it goes back to the fact that I grew up with two older brothers, and had a crush on a few of their friends way back then. That could play a small part in it. Maybe. No matter what though I'm obsessed and I find myself gravitating toward those stories. I think another part of it is similar to the friends to lovers trope. It's this person that you know, that you see on the regular, and an attraction just builds, or has the potential to build.

As brother's best friend is one of my top three favorite tropes I figured I'd share a few recommendations. Those that I selected are 10 of my favorite books that feature this trope. Of course there are other tropes that these books fall into as well, but I selected them for the brother's best friend trope. (psst: one is actually a sister's best friend book.) Be proud of me, I only shared 3 hockey romances. In all reality I could have probably had an entire post dedicated to hockey.

Have you read any of these titles? Do you have any recommendations for the brother's best friend trope? Fill me in on your favorites!

Happy Reading,
Laura


The Risk Taker by Gina Azzi


This is the second book in the Boston Hawks Hockey series, but all the books can be read as standalones. The Risk Taker focuses on Easton Scotch and Claire Merrick. Claire's big brother just happens to be the captain for the Hawks, and is also best friends with Easton. This book not only focuses on the romance building between East and Claire, but also upon East's addiction recovery. I loved this story. I remember it making me cry at various points, and honestly it solidified my love the series. I knew that I would continue to read the Hawks series no matter what.

The Endgame by Bianca Borell


Amelie Weston and Levi Kingston were introduced when Ian brought him to the family home for a weekend away. There was instant attraction and curiosity for both Levi and Amelie. Yet Amelie didn't want to pursue anything because she's always said her brother's friends are off limits. That being said there is something about Levi that is making it difficult for her to look away. If you'd like to read my review of The Endgame, I have a dedicated post for that. Just know that when you think a happily ever after is about to occur, you're wrong. Trust me. This book spans many years, so just  be patient. That HEA will come, and the timing will finally be right for our couple.


Wolf by Anna Hackett


If you are looking for a romantic suspense, then go grab Wolf immediately! Lainie is a CEO for a large tech company, and she's recently received threats against her life, and there's been cyber attacks against her company. When Lainie's best friend tells all of this to her big brother, he wants to help out. After all Nick works for a security company, so it's fitting. When the threats increase though, Nick finds himself not wanting to keep her safe because of a job, but because he's falling for her.  There was so much action in this book. I loved that we also were able to meet a few of the Sentinel Security teammates. That was perfect since this is the first book in the series. I devoured this book, and could not put it down. It's been the same way with the rest of the series.


My Brother's Forbidden Friend by Piper Rayne


Chevelle and Cam's story has been building for a while. These two were constantly bickering since they first interacted in the Greene Family series. This book is so filled with banter, romance, and steam. There is also family drama that happens, and so it was interesting reading that. I also cried while reading this book. When Chevelle talks about her mom, and the heartache that is still so prevalent, I couldn't help the tears the fell down my cheeks. I do have a review post for this book as well, so if you want to read my thoughts, then it's available.


Reason to Believe by Rebecca Yarros


Harper and Knox had such a good story! Yes it's brother's best friend, but it's also fake relationship, forced proximity, found family, and it features a firefighter. I tell you, when I was reading this book, I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen next. How would Harper's brother handle the news that she and Knox were "dating"? After all he told Knox years ago that Harper was off limits. But also the drama that happens with their little found family hit me hard. OH the tears I shed. My full review can be read here.


Something So Irresistible by Natasha Madison


Hockey romance is one of my favorites to read. So pairing that with the brother's best friend trope was even better. Max Horton and Allison Grant's romance? UH one of my favorites that Natasha has written. Seriously. Now getting to see them appear in the Only One and Made For series, just makes me remember their book so much, and how hard I fell. I still remember when Matthew found out about the two of them being together, and the drama that ensued. Only for that to build after a trip to Vegas. Max is one of my favorite male leads from all of the books Natasha has written.


The Edge of Serenity by Kristin Turnage


Oh Josslyn and Mackay!! The history that these two have. This book is so filled with emotion, passion, heartache, healing, and I still find myself thinking about it. These characters that Kristin Turnage has brought to life are some of my favorites. In The Edge of Serenity we have Joss moving in with Mac. She's come into some financial issues, and while she doesn't want to live with Mac, it's better than moving home. That proximity, along with something that happened previously, just adds to the intensity. The tears that fell while reading, there were a lot. All of The Edge books have been fantastic, and I cannot wait to return to Oaks, NC when the next book releases in April. My review is posted here.


Violent Attraction by Jocelyne Soto


Anyone up for a romance between a cartel daughter, and her brother's right hand man? This story may start at a wedding, but we are quickly brought to the past where we see the history between Santos and Isabella. Naturally Leo (Isabella's brother) reminds Santos that she is off limits, but the spark is there and it's hard to ignore. Yet he does, until he cannot any longer. Flash forward back to the wedding, and that is when things begin to change. There is so much drama, action, suspense, steam, and it is absolutely glorious. This was one of my favorite trilogies of 2021. (the books can be read as standalones, but it's better to start at the beginning.) Hold on to your hats because this story takes you on quite the ride, and it's completely worth it.  My thoughts on the book are shared here.


The Secrets to Heartbreak by Brittany Taylor


Colton and Vada's story brought the emotions, the steam, the romance, and I loved it all. Okay except for Colton's dad, he was kind of the worst. These two have such the history, and that is what drew me in. Colton and Vada are great characters on their own, but together they were so good. The struggles, the heartache, the passion, the reunion, all of it was what made this such a good story. Here is my review.


Maxim by Samantha Whiskey

Maxim and Evie's story has been building for a while now. If you've read the Carolina Reapers series, then you're aware of who these two are. If you haven't read it, and that's okay, Evie is best friends with Mila. Who is Mila you ask? Maxim's sister. Evie is in need of a place to stay for a bit, and Mila calls her brother for a favor. It's Evie, so he can't say no, she's like family. Plus he's a protector, and she needs him, therefore she's moving in. It is after moving in though that the tension really builds. Maxim has a lot going on with the team, issues with his dad, and now he's fighting this attraction. Its only a matter of time before the passion wins out, and these two admit feelings. 



Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!