Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Monthly Wrap Up {October}


“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables



*Poof* Just like that October has come and gone!

One thing is for certain, my family and I had quite the month. We went to see a play at our local high school that was based on video games, we went to a corn maze and pumpkin patch at a local farm, and then also did pictures at a county park. October was also full of baking, and jumping in the leaves. Oh, my kids and I watched The Masked Singer too! I've loved that show since it's second season, and within the last couple my kids have joined my tv time. They have no clue who the majority of the celebrities are, but between the music and Ken, they are all in. Then naturally we ended the month with trick or treating. I stayed at home handing out candy, and in about 2 hours we had 150 kids. We're not back to our pre-pandemic numbers, but it's getting close. I think if Halloween hadn't fallen on a school day we would have had more kids. (and I would have been in trouble.)

Aside from all of that, and reading, I also have been listening to Midnights by Taylor Swift on repeat. Constantly. It's pretty much the only thing I listen to. I freaking love this album.

When it came to reading, I took this graphic to heart this month!


October was a busy reading month for me! I read 22 books! I kept track of the page counts, and it looks like I read 5,271 pages. That's not too shabby if I do say so myself. That averages out to about 239 pages per book. There was one weekend where I read 4 or 5 books. It was a bit wild, and I ignored all other responsibilities. I was sucked into the worlds, and I didn't want to leave. 


This month I had ONE 5 star read! I can ever so close to not having any, but then this book snuck in and rocked my world. I suppose it did help that it's the final book in an ongoing trilogy. But still I fully thought that I would have zero five star reads this month. SURPRISE! So what is the book? I'm glad you asked:

So Pucking Over It
by Elise Faber
Rush Hockey #3




What was my favorite of the month? 
I have two. Again. I refuse to choose between these two couples. Sorry it's not going to happen. 

First up we have Breathe Again by Nola Marie. This was on track to be my top read of the month. It was. I had been eagerly anticipating this release, and was practically stalking Nola's social media accounts for any hints of a release date. So when it was announced, I pounced on it. You see this is the conclusion to Maddox Masters story. The first half of his story was Shed My Skin, and that cliffhanger at the end of that one had me on the edge of my seat. Maddox is a complex man who is deeply hurting, and has taken to self medicating. His books are emotional, intense, a bit dark, and absolutely wonderful. (although to be fair, I felt that way about all of the Sons of Sin series!)

The second book shouldn't surprise you, as it was my 5 star read! That's right, So Pucking Over It is my other favorite of the month. This conclusion to Bailey and Axel's story had me biting my nails, tearing up a few times, and feeling that relief when their HEA finally occurred. 

Take a look at all these covers! The cover designers all did a fantastic job. Cursed is my favorite of the group. It just grabs my attention with all the pattern.



Here is the full list of books that I read in October 2022. The links will take you to my reviews. So if you haven't read them yet, please click through.

Playing Offsides by Cali Melle
A Little Too Close by Rebecca Yarros
With Every Breath by JH Croix
Silver Lining by Aleatha Romig
The Troubles with Heartbreak by Brittany Taylor
Honest Mistake by Lisa Suzanne
Fake Love by Jocelyne Soto
Sideline Infraction by Emily Silver
Seducing the Playboy by Amanda Usen
Breathe Again by Nola Marie
False Start by Piper Rayne
Playboy's Reward by Gina Azzi
Covered by Elise Faber
Real Like Daydreams by J Wolf
Cursed by K Loraine
No Mistake by Lisa Suzanne
Making the Cut by JS Wood
Mine to Love by Natasha Madison
All I Want by JH Croix
All I Need by JH Croix
Rescuing Broken by Gina Azzi
So Pucking Over It by Elise Faber

Tell me about the books you read in October! Any stand outs? Did you read any of the books on my list? Did you select any books from Amazon First Reads? I did, but I didn't read them. It happens.

Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Reading!
Laura








What Laura's Reading participates in the Amazon Affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn a commission through purchases made using my links.