Monday, December 5, 2022

Monthly Wrap Up {November}


Fear not November's challenge bold—
We've books and friends,
And hearths that never can grow cold:
These make amends!
~Alexander L. Fraser (1870–1954), "November," c.1918


Did anyone see where November went? Were we not just voting in the midterm elections? I mean I know I had a child home sick for a week, but somehow an entire month went by.

November was a pretty quiet month in our house. My oldest daughter turned 10, and celebrated with a group of friends. That same day, my youngest came down with some sort of bug. That kept her home for 5 days. I also made sure to go and vote on election day. (That was when my youngest was sick, so I masked up, and kept my distance from the other voters! Plus I waited for my husband to get home so I wasn't taking her with.) Toward the end of the month a cold took down my middles (10 & 8). Plus my 8 year old showed me that his skin does not tolerate scented laundry detergent. So I had to rewash all of his clothing and bedding. The only other thing that happened this month was my Mom and stepdad returning from Florida! It was so nice to see them, and spend time with them as they had been gone for 6 weeks.

Aside from all of that, and reading, I also have been listening to Faith in the Future by Louis Tomlinson on repeat. Constantly. It's pretty much the only thing I listen to. I am obsessed with this album. (Okay fine I'm alternating occasionally with Midnights and Harry's House.)





November was a decent reading month for me! I read 21 books! As usual I kept track of the page counts, and I read 5147 pages. That is pretty dang good in my mind. My average page count per book was 245 pages


This month I had THREE 5 star reads

This Life and All The Rest
by Brit Benson
Next Life Duet


The Endgame
by Bianca Borell



Brutal Obsession
by S Massery



What was my favorite of the month? 

It was a tough decision, but ultimately Greyson and Violet were declared the champions. Brutal Obsession was dark, it was steamy, and the story held me hostage. Sara Massery is becoming one of those authors that I will read anything from. And I love it.

Take a look at all these covers! The cover designers all did a fantastic job. I absolutely love the covers for The Mistletoe Bet and This Life and All the Rest. (don't get me wrong, they are all good, but those two stand out!)





Here is the full list of books that I read in November 2022. As usual, the links will take you to my reviews. So if you haven't read them yet, please click through and find out my thoughts on the books.

The Mistletoe Bet by Maren Moore
Lukas, Sometimes by Tempest Phan
Favorite Mistake by Lisa Suzanne
Prince of Hawthorne Prep by Jennifer Sucevic
The Faceoff by Cali Melle
All We Have by JH Croix
The Endgame by Bianca Borell
Compassion by Xavier Neal
Ruthless Reign by Aleatha Romig
All We Are by JH Croix
Brutal Obsession by S Massery
One Little Favor by Julia Connors
Sneaking Around with the Player by Rebecca Jenshak
Wanting You Always by Lizzie Morton
The Cabin at Candy Cane Lane by Laramie Briscoe
A Greene Family Christmas by Piper Rayne
The Mysterious Mr Marcellus by Tomi Tabb
The Bookstore Sisters by Alice Hoffman

Just a heads up, reviews for Sneaking Around with a Player, A Greene Family Christmas, The Mysterious Mr. Marcellus, and The Bookstore Sisters will be coming soon to the blog. Once I have them posted I will come back and add the links.


Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Reading!
Laura





What Laura's Reading participates in the Amazon Affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn a commission through purchases made using my links.